ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi I'm a Newbie here

Clio16v,205Mi16
Thought I'd say hiya. Just bought a '93 clio 16v as my daily car. So have joined up for advice and too see the common issues with them. Only done about 100miles in it so far, I'm very impressed by the road holding, just flat round the corners.
My track car is a nova (not too many boos please) so wanted something that handles similar but with comfier seats and better MPG

here's some pics of the clio
im000986a5bf.jpg

im000988a9ab.jpg

Nova's a bit of a re-work in progress, it's currently getting new seats, brakes, sus wheels and engine rebuild.
im000976a5wm.jpg

im000970a3rw.jpg

photo0021a7yt.jpg

I'm very new to the whole frnech car thing, but I have a multimeter on order as I know the electrics can be special.

Megane Mk4
welcome to CS ...

you dont see many '93 valver's with original wheels come by in that nice a condition! :D
As for the nova, looks mint too :)
You'll get plenty of advice and help from the crew on here! ;)

Clio16v,205Mi16
Thank you for the big welcome, the clio has a few niggles which I'm trying to iron out. Has an intermittent judder from the engine, had new leads, plugs and cap and arm. My mechnic who's a full trained renault mech says the throttle pot is mostly likely worn. Is this a common thing??

Cheers JAmes

Clio16v,205Mi16
They came on the car like that, but I was going to do exactly that to them when I got them so it saved me £120.

I use a place called BJV engineering google it and will come up Andrew and Brian always do a top job then done 5 sets for me now.