ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hi need help to 1.2 8v owners and grande owners and mechanics

hi everyone
right this is this the issue im 16 and wanted a project for my 17th so my dad bought me a Renault clio grande 1.2 8v with the cambelt gone.
so had it repaired cambelts done
valves bent so had all new ones
head skimmed

then turned it over and perfect started first time

then as it ideled down on tick over the engine started to rock back and forth
so took it for a good run no power loss or jerks or clunks
but as it idels it sound like its misfiring but when you drive it its smooth

so we change the coil leads not pack no change
spark plugs twice no luck Bosch and currently NGK
cleaned throttle body no change
full service no change
thought it was sipping petrol put 20 quid no change

so help if anyone of use have had this issue before can you please help of how to fix or are 1.2 8v genuinely like this because when the engine rocks the car rocks along with gearstick

mechanics I need help
people who own one of these is this normal

things I haven't done is
changed throttle body
new coil pack or different one
botton engine mount (but if it is why does it sound like it is missfireing)

help
kind regards

Engine rocking for me was a completly knackered lower dogbone mount. Replaced that, and it didnt move any more.
Stil lget a little judder in the gear stick due to a worm gearbox mount. but replace the dogbone and it might solve your problem!

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Ive had this problem since i bought my car. Changed plugs, coilpack, leads, crank sensor etc and nothing changes it. Just had to live with it i think! I will probably sooner or later change all the mounts soon but depends if i keep the car!