ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID retrofit into halogen projectors...

Ged

PD130 Peach
Hi, right, my mk3 has standard projector headlights but designed for the h1 halogen bulb... Looking for an HID kit to get a better light output and look.

Anyone done this on a 197 or mk3 WITH the projector style lenses but for halogen bulbs and what are the results... Read some bad storys and dont want to waste my money!

So basicly..

HID H1 bulbs fit okay with no problems?
Do they give a good light output?
any problems?
Any sudgestions of which kits and what not to buy

If i have to stick with the stupid little H1 halogen bulbs then what ones should i get for the look/vision i need for driving dales roads!

Anyones input would be great :')

Matt205

ClioSport Club Member
Can't comment on legality, but did this on my Audi A4 with projectors with no problems. Results are excellent much better light output, never been flashed by oncoming traffic.

yeah I've done this in my 197 with projector headlights

Fits fine with no problems. you just need to find somewhere to put the ballasts
output spread is fine.
I went for the 50w instead of 35w but either will work fine
4300k in OEM and 6000k is with a slight blue tint, I personally won't go over 6000 as they output less light.

Really happy with mine and could never go back to halogen

Click here for my write up for them

Ged

PD130 Peach
Yeah agree with no more that 6k as just look ridiculous and its what gives HIDS a bad name... Thanks for your input guys!

2007 clio dynamique
Ive just fitted a hid kit to my mk3 they look great and are a good improvement especially on country roads , i bought a kit on ebay for £30 the quality of it seems spot on , and there is a years warranty, it was a 6000k kit but if i bought again i think i would get the standard 4300k as i think even mine are abit to blue, there is a nice place for the ballast under the light when you take them out you will see where i mean hope this helped

Ged

PD130 Peach
Ive just fitted a hid kit to my mk3 they look great and are a good improvement especially on country roads , i bought a kit on ebay for £30 the quality of it seems spot on , and there is a years warranty, it was a 6000k kit but if i bought again i think i would get the standard 4300k as i think even mine are abit to blue, there is a nice place for the ballast under the light when you take them out you will see where i mean hope this helped

Iv just bought the same kit as tyler. so be fitting them next week :) all my roads are unlit country roads so i need better lights, the mk3's poxy little H1 dipped bulbs are just useless... should have great light with my HID's and my philips 80w rally high beam in :)

Ged

PD130 Peach
Nice, well drop me a PM if you get stuck,and 50w ftw

Any problems putting them in? iv changed bulbs allot on the mk3, bumper off lights out ect. so apart from that any problems with the instalation?

No not really tbh, just need a 25mm bit to cut a hole in the back of the light.
And just the metal clip off and put it around the new bulb and wire, it will make sense when you see it.
And test them before putting everything back.
I've just finished putting a set in my dads car, massive improvement and not a bumper of job :)

2007 clio dynamique
Just to add to the above post if you have not got a bit to cut the whole the a stanley knife does the job fine i forgot i needed to cut a whole and this was the only thing i had

2007 clio dynamique
Glad it went well , i was the same with mine luckily i did it in the dark so could try it straight away i find my self always looking at them now though i think there great

1.2 Dynam & 182FFCup
No not really tbh, just need a 25mm bit to cut a hole in the back of the light.
And just the metal clip off and put it around the new bulb and wire, it will make sense when you see it.

Im currently trying to stick mine on at the moment, but I dont see how I get the metalclip onto the light when its just a bulb sitting on a bit of plastic.

Apologies for the sh*t pic
423124_10151350852735607_820945606_23292768_30511838_n.jpg

Ged

PD130 Peach
Im currently trying to stick mine on at the moment, but I dont see how I get the metalclip onto the light when its just a bulb sitting on a bit of plastic.

Apologies for the sh*t pic

On mine the clip was in a slot at each side, bend the clip out of its little holders and then put the bulb in. Then replace the clip over the top of the bulb..

I think this is what your trying to get at?

Ged

PD130 Peach
Overall can't say how much better these are!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330473024.731352.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330473024.731352.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 170
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330473045.952937.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330473045.952937.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 185
  Clio 1.2TCE
Hi Guys just a quick one, what fitment do i need for my lights (H1 or H7) I have attached a pic of my car below... Also is the bumper easy to come off??

bfaaf68c.jpg