ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hoe to increase castor on a 172ff?

Clio 172 ff
Hi everybody!

As I understand it, castor is not adjustable on the 172 from stock. So, is there a way to increase castor somehow? Apparantly, the 172 cup has 3° more castor than the 172ff. Would it be possible to get the same on a 172ff just by exchanging some parts? Or would this require a completely different suspension setup?

Thx,

Linsen

Edit: Could someone maybe edit my thread title? I don't want a hoe to increase the castor on my Clio, nor would I be looking for some gardening-tool to do it with brute force... It's just that "e" and "w" are awefully close on my keyboard...

Last edited:
  Clio 172 ff
If my understanding of the relation between castor and camber is correct, more positive castor should give more negative camber under cornering. Basically without the negative side effects of negative static camber. The only disadvantage of high caster angles seems to be a little heavier steering, which I wouldn't mind. But I'm no expert on these matters, this is just what I read.

only ph1 172s have less caster (different wishbones)

ph2 ff172 has the same caster as CUP and 182 (3.5deg)

with ph1 172 you have to change wishbones,
the only way to increase caster on a ph2 or 182 is changing ride height,
if u got coilovers, you can lift the front OR drop the back
after many trial and error, I have found 3.5 deg just right

cheers

Clio 172 ff
only ph1 172s have less caster (different wishbones)

ph2 ff172 has the same caster as CUP and 182 (3.5deg)

with ph1 172 you have to change wishbones,
the only way to increase caster on a ph2 or 182 is changing ride height,
if u got coilovers, you can lift the front OR drop the back
after many trial and error, I have found 3.5 deg just right

cheers
Ah, thx for the info. That's good to know. Increasing castor is obviously not the way to go then on my ph2. More negative camber is needed then.

While I'm at it: I've read that yellow konis give more camber due to the bracket design (at least I suppose that's the reason). Could you or anyone confirm this? (my car is on Eibach pro springs, btw)