ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home cinema speakers

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Ok, so we should be moving home in the next couple of weeks. The living room will be getting completely overhauled, carpets, decorating etc. I think it's a prime time to lay some speaker cable for a future use (I don't currently have an AV receiver, speakers etc but will in the next few months.

What's the best way to run my speaker wires? I thinking of using a router to put a small groove into the floorboards for the speaker wire, then my underlay will be over the top and then carpet. The floorboards are the large chipboard style used in most modern housing.

Would this work, or would they eventually show through the carpet? I suppose I could just run the wire around the edge of the room, but i'm going to end up double or trippling the amount of cable that way.

Suggestions?

2014 Focus Titanium
I suppose it depends on the speaker wire you are using but honestly mate I think you are making it more complicated than it needs to be. I'm using QED micro at the moment, all I did was ask the guys who fitted the carpet to chuck it behind the carpet grippers (underneath the underlay) around the room. You can't notice it's there at all, even if you put your hand on the edge of the carpet.