ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home designed and built 1.8 supercharged MX5

Jap Shed
My dads just finished it and we have a bet on.
Its getting RR wednesday and the furthest bet on the power figure buys the beer all night after cadwell park on friday :rasp:

He fabricated the whole setup, mounts ect.

Mods

Eaton 45 SC from a Cooper s + Rad
High flow injectors
Megasquirt engine management
Greddy ind kit

He recons he will hand me my ass:S, my car -

I recon he might too...

2001 172
No interior (inc passenger seat)
Ktr Coilovers + solid top mounts
HC disks and Ferodo pads
Matched JMS inlets
Piper x Panel filter

Std power of the MX5 115 BHP, What do you guys think it will put out?

Whats your bets on the RR result?

Black Clio GT
mx should be around 180hp??
if mx is on standard diff/suspension the clio should be quicker in corners but not off the line.........

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Hmmm, not sure. I'm trying to sell my Mini CS to get an MX5 to turbo, but I was looking at getting the 1.8 late mk 1 model(1997), think basic turbo conversion gets to around 185bhp...but never really looked into the supercharger route as it costs more to do with all the brackets etc.

Round a track I'm not sure which'd be quicker either. So I'm not much help is what I'm saying lol.

Jap Shed
Hmmm, not sure. I'm trying to sell my Mini CS to get an MX5 to turbo, but I was looking at getting the 1.8 late mk 1 model(1997), think basic turbo conversion gets to around 185bhp...but never really looked into the supercharger route as it costs more to do with all the brackets etc.

Round a track I'm not sure which'd be quicker either. So I'm not much help is what I'm saying lol.

Thanks bud. have a look at http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php for more info on Mx's

Lee.

Jap Shed
170 bhp ATW and 165 lb ft.
From a supercharged 1.6 built in a garage, had to see the dyno to belive it.

Jap Shed
sUprised today, was getting away from him at pretty much every speed. I always knew my 172 was a fast one but Christ!!!