ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Honest Insurance Valuation

RB 182
Right im pretty sure my 172 will be written off, so i need to start looking for a replacement, but how much do you think the insurance will offer me? It wasnt my fault and will be claiming off her insurance if that mnakes any difference

Spec

2001 51 Black 172
101,000 miles
MOT until end of Nov
Pretty good condition, the only marks on it are now a hell of alot bigger now lol

Any ideas? Its hard to get an idea because of mileage

BMW 330D
When my car they asked me how long id had it and how much id paid. Dont tell them how much you paid lol, and try and get as much out of them as possible!

RB 182
Well, they've written it off now and offered me....

£3659

They say book value is £4600 with 60k on, so they've knocked £700 off for the mileage, and they've knocked the rest off because of a 50p sized dent in the boot!! I asked them if i had the dent removed for about £40, could i get all of my money? They just said erm erm well...

Ive protested it, mainly because ive jsut spent £300 getting it right with new brakes and everything!!

Ive also found out throught the sales manager at work that the book value of a 01 51 is £5100 :)

Well, they've written it off now and offered me....

£3659

They say book value is £4600 with 60k on, so they've knocked £700 off for the mileage, and they've knocked the rest off because of a 50p sized dent in the boot!! I asked them if i had the dent removed for about £40, could i get all of my money? They just said erm erm well...

Ive protested it, mainly because ive jsut spent £300 getting it right with new brakes and everything!!

Ive also found out throught the sales manager at work that the book value of a 01 51 is £5100 :)
Thats a good price realy though.

I'm suprised they offered so much.,

Might be worth putting an argument together if this is there first offer asking for more.