ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hopefully De-Cat will fix the Problem

Mr2 Roadster

I couldn’t believe it, I warmed the car up and just when it got to that magic temp, I put my foot down from the lights to get my lane, not that hard, just took it to about 4500 revs and then I noticed it. I had no pull and as I backed off the loud pedal I though I was driving a turbo complete with dump valve? No power as I had completely blown the cat (I think???), the engine was building backpressure and as I backed off it was hissing out of the system really loudly swiftly and loudly.

So this morning I ordered my De-Cat and it’s on it’s way, hopefully I haven’t done any other damage, like filled up the middle box with bits of Cat??? I’m assuming I’m running rich on the jungle juice, have a misfire on a plug or damaged lead to knacker a Cat in less than 15,000 miles??? Looking forward to hearing the harsher tones on the un-silenced pipe… I will go out and cover the bolts in WD40 tonight in preparation for the fitting of new bit this week. Anyone know how long it takes K-Tec stuff in the post?

What do the more technical of you think?

i still dont get what happened, and if its you speculating its the cat or you had a peek and found a massive hole in it?

Mr2 Roadster

I think I have melted the inside, I have no hole in it!

It makes a horrible rattle when I hit it of shake it, every thing is loose inside it?

Sounds pritty fooked to me!! just a good excuse for a de-cat pipe, may have to use that one myself. ;)

Mr2 Roadster

Cheapest for a new cat is £136 (that I found) but I thought sod it, and got the decat, at least I wont fcuk another one!!!

I Dont go near Public Transport. Smelly, dirty buses/trains full of Drunks/Mugs who lost their licences. Yuk:sick:

Well i suppose its differnet when in London, can understand there. A Bit cleaner but still smell like piss.

Mr2 Roadster

How long will my pipe take, I need to go to the gym but cant get there without a car!!!

Seeing as my cat has given my Valver the best part of 100,000 miles of service, Ive retired it to the shed and stuck a de-cat pipe on there. Its a lot cheaper than buying a new cat if Id left it on and it did go kaput - and theres the bonus of the performance advantage of a de-cat pipe. My car is having an MOT next week and Ill give them the cat to stick back on for the test and ask them to put the de-cat back on afterwards.

lol.

Maybe its worth phoning k-tec and asking for them to send it special delivery as if its done by 12 you should have it tommorow.

-Rob