ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Horn Buggered

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
As per the title. Currently sounds like somebody farting into a tin can really quietly. Arch liners are removed so I'm assuming the water has damaged it.

Anybody got a solution for it? Fix? Replacement?

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
One of the horns could be at fault. Mine sounds pathetic as only one is working.
Try to clean up any electrical connections to see if this helps to get it working.
Prob best bet is to replace, can't be that expensive for a second hand one.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Replace and get arch liners on ASAP. I know people run without them but you're just risking unnecessary water ingress. Vital on the driverside tbh.

RB Clio 182
One of the connectors on mine is broken, and water got in the other one when my arch liner flew off at 160!

It now sounds like Joe Pasquale bonging helium with a sore throat!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
You can get at it through the fog light as well, although a bit fiddly it can be done.

Take it out, leave on radiator over night, should be all good.

dan's cast offs.
if connections are ok check they haven't drowned and if not hit them a few times and see if that helps.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
I have both Tequila and Cavalry charge musical horns, which i will fit in the spring. Listen for it when I'm on the track at a few shows

320d
I'm sure I've got a 182 arch liner (drivers side) somewhere. I bought it on eBay ages ago I'll try and find it for you.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Replace and get arch liners on ASAP. I know people run without them but you're just risking unnecessary water ingress. Vital on the driverside tbh.

I never understand why every vehicle from the factory doesn't have them fitted? Genuine 4x4 utility vehicles especially. Surely the amount of gravel, chippings and other s**t that they throw up into the wheel arch is just going to accelerate rust and corrosion? 🙈