ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

horn stopped working!!

Ultra Red Clio 197
Went to beep the horn at some idiot today and it wouldnt work!!

What might be wrong with it? Fuse or something more serious and expensive to fix? :S

cheers

S3, HD Nightster
Mine has done the same, turned out it was a bad earth. Take it off, clean around the bolt with sand paper and it should be fine.

Ultra Red Clio 197
mine randomely decided to work again for a few days, but now its stopped again.. I changed my steering wheel to a RS wheel.. which might have something to do with it as the indicators also dont flick off automatically anymore!

Does anyone know what ive done for this to happen?

Went to beep the horn at some idiot today and it wouldnt work!!

What might be wrong with it? Fuse or something more serious and expensive to fix? :S

cheers

You probably know as you didnt ask but its located next to the AV in the NS arch (well behind it) its quite prone to getting wet so that may be it. Check fuse first though!

Ultra Red Clio 197
if in doubt, give it a clout :)

What about if I gave it clout!
39-118-covonia150.jpg

COVONIA?? Will that do? My mates grandparents own the Covonia brand!

Ultra Red Clio 197
naa seriously its annoying me that it isnt working... At least I have got to july to get it sorted before its MOT!

Renault Clio diesel
The horn on my Clio stopped working too. Replaced it with one from the scrapyard, which also stopped after a little while. Then another replacement bit the dust too, before my fella realised what the problem was. Where the horn is originally mounted was allowing water to splash up and into the horn, eventually causing it to stop working. He found another mounting position for the horn, further up towards the bonnet (I'll post a picture if anyone's REALLY interested...) and we've had no problems since.