ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hosting provider suggestions.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Looking for new hosting company for my work. I took over the position of the last guy and the deal we were on was pretty poor TBH.

£170 / year for...

Currently
10Mb web space
0.5 Gb Data transfer per month
2 POP 3 mail boxes with unlimited aliases
CGI functionality
Unique uptime guarantee
FTP access

Which lets face it is piss poor. Now as I am going to be developing the companies I need LAMP.. none of this windows pish.

I need

PHP/mySQL
at least 1GB space
as much traffic as possible
Telephone customer support ! (not email or ticketing system etc)

I would like in addition
SSH access
Ruby on rails
Python
SSL
and all the other usual stuff they chuck in.

Not too interested in mail etc as we already have our own systems in place.

What are your recommendations ?

Piss poor, or not oversold?

100000000000000000000000000GB bandwidth with 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000GB diskspace for 10pence a decade FTWTBQFH. ;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
yup,that's pretty piss poor,i can see why your wanting to change.

Yes, I was waiting for your opinion before I went ahead with it... your so smart.

:D

Daz, that would be ideal.. link ?? ;)

Its so hard trying to find a reliable competitively priced web hosting company !!

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
I can do you all but the telephone support bit for £4.99 a month. PM me if you want more details.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Cheers, I'll have a look into the ones suggested. Forgot to mention the servers have to be UK based !

Other ones i'm considering are..

1and1.co.uk
UK2.net

I only want telephone support so I can speak to a real person if there is an "emergency".

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
iv tried a few and most have been sh1te!!!!!

currently run my shop on fasthosts which has been fine so far, and i have about 40 websites on mediatemple which has been spot on and only £10 a month!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
^^ Just don't ask the host to write any backup scripts eh ;)

TBH i've heard bad things about fasthosts.co.uk :( and mediatemple is american.

^^ Just don't ask the host to write any backup scripts eh ;)

PMSL.
I was going to make a comment like that in my post above, but I didn't feel like it was needed ;)

My backup script rocks. My backup script + Cron == rocks not. ;)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
mediatemple is the fastest host iv used ever, and some of my sites are easily on the first page of google from organic results. One is even at no1 spot in yahoo for a very generic search term so being hosted in the states doesnt affect anything like that!

I looked into using a US based host a lot before making the move, but i can understand the need to stop with UK based if its a company hosting!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I think your right Daz, i'm looking into it now and am so far liking bodhost.co.uk

They get good reviews, have 24/7 telephone support, choice of Linux OS's etc..