ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hours labour for change of springs?

work for BMW
Looking to get a garage change my standard springs to some eibach sportlines on a non sport, just wondering how much I am looking at ££ wise? How many hours would it take.

Also I heard tracking would need to be done again?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
If it was me it would be circe £50... One hour per side and 30mins for the rear..

All garages will be different.. Diff labour chargers per hour diff times to do said jobs etc

work for BMW
Yea I have checked with a local garage but I want to see how accurate the price is, he has quoted me £135 for change of springs and tracking , so good deal?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Yea I have checked with a local garage but I want to see how accurate the price is, he has quoted me £135 for change of springs and tracking , so good deal?

No ! Are they are charging £70 plus for tracking !!!

Lionel Richie
wasting your money doing the wheel alignment straight away IMO, we always leave them to settle for a few weeks first (and no that won't ruin your tyres)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I've never noticed too much of a change in allignment after fitting springs anyway, more so with coilovers tbh.

work for BMW
I have parts myself , works out as £103 for 2.3 hours labour plus £27.50 for tracking.
So I shouldn't have tracking done?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I did rears in about 30 mins and I was new to performing a replacement of springs. :)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
1.2 so actually harder than a 172/182 as you have to use spring compressors, but that's only 5 minutes per side more work.

Hour for fitting, £20 to check alignment (basic, not lazer)

work for BMW
I'm in Bournemouth , anyone reasonably near I can drive to and you do them in exchange for ££ ?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
decent garage with the proper tools will pop this out in well under an hour!! rear take about 10 minutes to do,

30 minutes all in to do the front, using a lift/impact guns/hydraulic spring compressors makes it a complete doddle!!

might as well try it yourself if you have basic knowledge!!

1.6 16v clio priv
I've done mine a couple of times now. Springs and dampers. Takes about 20 min on a good day to swap each one.
However last time i changed a front spring i found the top of the damper had rusted so much there was nothing for the allen key to grip. That one took a couple of hours to get off.
To be honest its not a hard job if you have some spring compressors which are fairly cheap from screwfix. Just make sure you put a cloth on the springs where you grip them so they dont get scratched or they will rust very quickly.

Chase Racing Clio
ill do it for £50

I'll second that.... I swapped all 4 corners (with the help of an air compressor) in under an hour!! As others have said, it's not majorly technical, the right tools and it's a piece of cake