ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How are your seats wearing in your 172/182

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
i use leather protector/leather cream (watever u call it) at least once every week on mine and ther imaculate, front has started to get a few lines/creases but not any wear and the back look like theyve never been sat on

Mine are pretty much fine, there is a slight bit of 'bobbling' to the drivers seat base, but I think that's been caused by me wearing jeans & having my wallet in my back pocket. The bobbling is an easy fix anyway. Passenger side is mint, cars on 35k.

My old boys 172 isn't so good, the bolsters aren't that great & the drivers seat base is quite bobbly. I think if they were given a good going over they would come up a lot better. His is on about 55k or something.

Nimbus 197
you should see the state of 197 seats after 20k, fecking useless quality control.....
The recaros are pathetic when it comes to wear, the standard seats aren't much better. I just resigned myself to the fact that I will have to get mine half leathered in the future to control the wear issue.

Clio 172 & Fabia vRS
My bolster is pretty worn and torn very slightly, Car has done 64,000, 03 plate 172. I'm actually gonna be looking into replacing the seat soon.

02 ~60k on the clock. The seats are doing well, with slight bobbling appearing but the springs in the drives seat are beginning to go. I sit quite upright but I can feel myself sinking further than I used to right at the back of the seat... and no I haven't gained weight :rasp:

PH2 172, Honda Civic S
My 2003 172 i had last year had only 9000 miles on the clock and the drivers bolster by the door was worn to f**k.

Bought a 182 on sat 2005 with 40k on the clock and thats a little scuffed in the same place.

I've looked a 8 182's these past few weeks and all have had s**tty leather on the drivers bolster by the door.

I thought leather was supposed to be tough.

So today ordered some on this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=130300551864

Have you tried this stuff yet, what do you think of it?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Mine are in actually pretty good condition for being 8 years old and 59k

Bolster wear i think can be put down to how you get in and out of it or whether your jeans have buttons on the back..!

Arctic Blue 182
Had my 04 182 from new, 37k on the clock, and the suede where I park my behind is bobbling quite badly. I tried to give it the sharp razor treatment and 'shave' the bobbles off, but it didn't work. The leather and stitching is fine though. A tad creased where I swing my leg to get out.

They have really poor durability imo, and I've thought about swapping them in the future. But I know nothing about what would be suitable replacements or where to get them or how to fit them.

The worst thing I've seen in other Clio's (Sports especially) is the state the steering wheel can get in! Can't see how, mine's still mint.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Had my 04 182 from new, 37k on the clock, and the suede where I park my behind is bobbling quite badly. I tried to give it the sharp razor treatment and 'shave' the bobbles off, but it didn't work. The leather and stitching is fine though. A tad creased where I swing my leg to get out.

They have really poor durability imo, and I've thought about swapping them in the future. But I know nothing about what would be suitable replacements or where to get them or how to fit them.

The worst thing I've seen in other Clio's (Sports especially) is the state the steering wheel can get in! Can't see how, mine's still mint.

My steering wheel is in great nic, done 108k now :)

Arctic Blue 182
A few weeks ago my girlfriend had just passed her test (she's 27!) so I was looking for her first car. Was at this car place in just outside Sheffield and they had 2 182's in, so I had a peer inside, just being nosey, and the state of the steering wheels was shocking. Grooves, gouges, the thumb moulding bits had popped out and they were scuffed to buggery! Don't know how some people get them in that condition.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
A few weeks ago my girlfriend had just passed her test (she's 27!) so I was looking for her first car. Was at this car place in just outside Sheffield and they had 2 182's in, so I had a peer inside, just being nosey, and the state of the steering wheels was shocking. Grooves, gouges, the thumb moulding bits had popped out and they were scuffed to buggery! Don't know how some people get them in that condition.

I've seen some in a right mess too. I always keep mine covered when parked in the sun, as the leather melts....lol :(

Arctic Blue 182
On the subject of seats, does anyone know the best place to get a pair Recaros, preferably to work with existing seatbelts, for when my seats get to a point where they are just shot.