ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How can I block a number on my mobile?

GR7

Shiny red R32
Does anyone know how I can block a mobile number (84142) on my mobile please? It keeps texting me every day and each time I lose £1.50 of my credit when I check!!! I entered one competition on it at the cost of a basic text and now every morning I get this number texting me to enter again and I don't want to because it costs £1.50 and even though I'm not entering (I just press delete) if I check my credit afterwards it is £1.50 less so it appears that I am being charged every time this text appears! :mad:

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
google the number, it'll tell you how to stop them, or reply with Stop when it texts you.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
o2_XphoneII_mobile_phone_image.gif

+

hammer.jpg

=

dancing.gif

But really, like Nyphur says, its usually text STOP to the number.

GR7

Shiny red R32
Sorted now thanks!!!
Except that it's not sorted!!!

I rang Orange yesterday and got to speak to someone after waiting for 25mins and listening to endless messages saying "sorry to keep you waiting, we're busy blah blah blah" and the woman told me that when I get a text this morning from 84142 to press reply and the word STOP and send it.

I have tried to do LOADS of times today having had yet another 84142 and £1.50 taken from my account and a message says "Message not sent, try again later". :mad:

Does anybody have an idea on how I can get through to 84142 to tell them to stop sending me texts that cost me £1.50 every day?!

My brother had this problem. Phoned up o2 and told them to block it, but it kept coming through. In the end they had to change his number for him free of charge as they couldn't dtop it. They also told him that over a couple of months, they had used £130 of credit!!

You must have text something or gone on some wap page to have them text you??

GR7

Shiny red R32
I stupidly entered a text competition on that number but wasn't prepared about a month later to keep getting daily texts and it was when I realised I hadn't used my phone much yet the £30 top up I add every now and again was dwindling away so for three nights and the next morning after getting this daily text I started checking my credit level and found that after getting this text, my credit was down by £1.50 every time!

Surely it should be illegal for this to happen and for me not to be able to stop it! DAYLIGHT ROBBERY! :mad:

Clio 172mk2
My brother had this problem. Phoned up o2 and told them to block it, but it kept coming through. In the end they had to change his number for him free of charge as they couldn't dtop it. They also told him that over a couple of months, they had used £130 of credit!!

You must have text something or gone on some wap page to have them text you??

if the own fone company cant stop it then theres somet wrong , as u pay yer fone bill n they pay them. so alls yer phone provider should do is block all payments which goto that account

Recaro Black Gold 182
Name of Service - Information Service
Name of Aggregator - 2Ergo
Name of Service Provider - BCH Digital
Customer Services Number - 08702 315625
Customer Services Opening Hours - 10:00-12:00 and 14:00-16:00 Monday to Friday
Customer Services e-mail - customer.services@ 2ergo.com

Hope that helps :D