ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How could I have been so stupid?

ph1 track weapon
.............To sell my 172 cup!!

well after a brief (3 month) flirt with a 200sx (most problematic car i've ever owned!!!!) I've decided that I miss the epic handling and character of a 172!

So am on the hunt for a ph1 to strip bare and use as a weekend toy/track **** :cool:

Will no doubt be attending a few meets n shows later in the year once she's up to scratch, and will definitely be on track a few times before the year is out!

So its kind of a Hi, I'm back thread! lol

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
mate i did exactly the same and regretted it ever since!!

I went from that to a fiesta RS Turbo (god knows why)
To a Mk6 RS2000 (Good car considering it was a ford)
To and ibiza Cupra R (pain in the ass)
To the shonky donkey AKA £600 of diesel punto magic bought from a little lithuanian chap in bedford... No wonder the gearbox gave up after 6k lol

But have just put deposit down on this little beauty and cant wait to pick her up! The bloke i bought it from is a member called josh182, was a top bloke!
1e944a22.jpg

ph1 track weapon
Fletch - hindsight wouldve been fantastic wouldn't it! Got my eyes on a few cars now, so hopefully won't be away from having fun for too much longer!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
I looked everywhere for a cup, looked at 5, 3 were real dogs so take your time!! I sucumbed to the draw of recaros and toys!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Ha Ha Ed you said when I picked the seats up from you that you would miss the cup but were moving on to RWD.

Grass is not always greener on the otherside ;)

Iceberg 172
That 182 with recaros josh was selling looks lovely... I was looking at the advert last night.

I desperately need some recaro loving in my life!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
For a daily driver, they are ok, but they must have the washer between subframe and car removed! But there are much better seats out there. My Momo's are battered and worn, but there's no way I'd swap them for Trendlines.

Iceberg 172
You dont. They're by far the worst part part of my Trophy.

Standard seats are more comfy imho.

Let's swap then and we'll swap back when one of us sells up!?

I find the STD seats far to short on the back rest. I don't need more support... Just a higher backrest.

I used to have buckets in my polo so used to feeling strapped IN a seat... I feel like I sit ON the STD seats.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

I find the STD seats far to short on the back rest. I don't need more support... Just a higher backrest.

I used to have buckets in my polo so used to feeling strapped IN a seat... I feel like I sit ON the STD seats.
You do with the trendline's as well.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Going rate is about £900 for the pair, if you have that, send me a pm ;)

ph1 track weapon
Sorry but Bimarcos are one of the ultimate seat for a clio

absolutely loved mine to bits. pretty damn comfy and hold you so well. Think i may end up investing in another set when the next clio arrives!

ph1 track weapon
had a set in the car for a week tops, and found them incredibly hard, and as someone earlier in the thread has said i think, you very much feel like you're sitting ON them.

ghastly seats

182 f/f
Have to agree - I find the standard seatsmore comfy than the trendlines!
Must have a look at these bimarcos

Mustang, S13, AX GT
If your not enjoying the 200SX your not pushing it enough ;) corner + 200SX + giddy moment with the loud pedal = epic smiles.

ph1 track weapon
meh,
driftings fun n all, but i just prefer charging around a b-road in a lightweight car more than sliding about in a small barge. might having something to do with being surrounded by some epic roads and not that many roundabouts lol

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Haha, is yours an S14? I might have to try one at some point, the S13 is surprisingly grippy and composed on b-roads and is still a lot of fun, its only when you want to get the back end out that it'll go, although the bigger turbo and stupid lag at the moment has challenged that theory last time I drove it..

ph1 track weapon
yeah a 14a,
back end'll slide out with barely any effort, but its impossible to drive fast anywhere, as it just wallows about

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
For a daily driver, they are ok, but they must have the washer between subframe and car removed! But there are much better seats out there. My Momo's are battered and worn, but there's no way I'd swap them for Trendlines.

What difference does removal of this washer make?? Just drove the car nearly 150 miles, easily the most comfy seats I've yet to have, love it!!

ph1 track weapon
thinking i'll go outside the box a little with the next clio, and rock some Tillet seats or something like that!

got my eyes on a ph-quick and the 200 should be off tomorrow, so can do the mammoth trek down to collect it during the week :D

PH1 172
ph1 is the best car i ever owned! definately in the market for when a cheap ph1 comes up as the ATR hopefully goes on monday!

And the trendlines are ok - comfortable IMO!

ph1 track weapon
danny, yep it is/was a bit of a dog, hence getting rid. shouldve learnt a bit more about them before diving in and getting the first one i looked at!

atouba - nah if i get another clio i'll stick with it. had so much fun in mine, and still dont understand why i sold it. plan would be to use it as a daily for the next 6-12 months then retire it to weekend duties as will either have enough money to get a daily, or hopefully be given a company car

I am in the same boat mate. Had my cup from new (6 years of ownership) and sold it a few months back and bought an Audi A3 2.0T. I thought 200bhp turbo would be great but it doesnt come close to the cups fun factor! Going to see if the person i sold it to will let me buy it back.