ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do i back up the data on my Samsung S6?

My S6 has a fault with the camera so i need a replacement, how do i back up all the data? photo's/contacts e.t.c?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think they have a cloud idea but you can also back it up into the comp. I made a thread last October ish.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Use google. Do you sign in with a Google ID? If so back everything up to that account. I'd backup to the computer too just in case.

The standard google account backup doesn't do photos. You have to set that separately using the google plus or photo app I think. As said, best bet is to use the software on the PC.

im stuck with this, i downloaded kies, when i connect my phone it says smart switch is easier' smart switch is just an app which lets you sync with your old device, i don't want to do that, i want to back it up, going to spend some time on google now trying to figure this s**t out!

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Contacts will sync anyway across devices when you sign in so they're sorted. Photos you can just drag off the phone in My Computer as you can with other files.

Im using a mac which i think is the problem, i can not drag anything anywhere as it wont connect to the phone, had enough of apple, going to replace this MBP with a windows based machine next week.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Can you change the way your computer see's the phone when you connect the USB? I know in mine (Nexus 5) you can go into the settings on the phone and change from MTP (media) to PTP (photo's) - It's in Storage on mine.

The main issue you will have though is Kies. The biggest pile of shite software I've ever used. Crash-tastic when I could get it to run, that was on Windows, admittedly an old version of both but I can't imagine Samung have fixed that issue. The main reason I won't buy a Samsung phone.

Do you know where abouts i can do that in the settings? i have backed up contact via google account AND samsung account but i'd like to back up the pictures to The mac is awful for trying to back up photos (even from an iPhone)

The phone is great, much better than the equivalent iPhone, I'm almost apple free just need to ditch this macbook pro! may have to get my new computer quicker than i thought!