ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you drive your valver

When youre getting your foot down, do you floor the pedal and wait for the engine to catch up, or depress the accelerator slowly as the engine speed increases, if you know what I mean? Ive heard being gradual with the accelerator can make you accelerate a little bit quicker..

I go full on pedal to the floor but when i get back in the valver this week im going to give the slowly press technique as i heard this is better for pick up

a pregressive press work best otherwise it flood the engine, you can floor it on first and second at 4-4.5 k though and get a mssive kick up the butt

wongy

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

I normally work the pedal progressivly up to 4k then slam the pedal down to open up the powerband.

On corners i try to keep the powerband open so i can pull out of the corner with some pace.

CTR EK9 turbo

i know its not a valver but i find if i feed the throttle in and the floor it, it responds better just like aaronc says.

CTR EK9 turbo

problem is when you really wanna win a race, you forget all of that and just floor it from zero. Deep induction roar etc..... dont think its as quick when you stomp the throttle at low revs.

Only had my valver 2 days but i have floored it already was going to take it steady until i get used to her but its far to tempting:devilish:.

I have notice that the gas pedal seems to have a step in the travel. For example when you press the pedal it goes a certain way then you feel some resistance like its stopped. However you can push it way past this point and thats where the real fun starts. If you hammer the throttle you dont notice this step. However if you bring her up to revs gentally you can feel the point where it resists pressure. Hope that makes sence i think its coz if the car is driven with fuel conservation in mind then you never get passed this step before changing gear so has worn the cable in this area. So in response to the question i bring her up the revs till i get to this point then bury the throttle and watch that front end pick up.:D

P.S. The clutch felt really heavy when i first got it, much stiffer than my previous RT. Is this normal for the valver? or is the clutch on its way out, 44k on the clock susspect its original and the bite is right at the top 1/4.

The 16v/Willy have a two stage throttle. The first half of the throttle travel opens a small entry to the inlet manifold, while the second stage opens a second, bigger entry. The little one makes the little whistle you get on a 16v/Willy (esp with an IK).

BMW 320d Sport

If you take your air filter off you can see the two throttle plates. In fact pull the throttle quadrant and youll see first one, then the other open. None of this fly by wire nonsense with a valver!

Cheers for responses, never knew about the 2 stage throttle, now I know what that whistling is mid revs. I read about being progressive with the throttle last week somewhere and tried it out over the weekend and it certainly felt a little quicker, but your mind will convince you anything if you believe in it enough.

Reckon if you really mastered the technique you could be chasing Evos!!

Progressive! ;)

I only managed 120mph out of it when I floored it, but when I was progressively putting my foot down I got to 130mph and that still wasnt all the way down! :D

Sounds like the valver needs chipping. surely a decent chip should sort the fuel/ignition for any throttle position at any revs, im suprised at some of the comments, but ill experiment.

To chip or not to chip - Mr. bank manager? lay it on me

Yeah they do seem to go better if use ease in full throttle, I am also convinced my car pulls best with pedal just off the floor rather than on the deck. If you drive on only the small throttle they are actaully damn good on fuel, surprising, but hard to do, its too tempting to boot it