ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you fit a new rear wheel bearing?

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
Is this an easy job? Always like to have a go myself first.

had a quick search but couldnt find any guides.

many thanks

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
Is this an easy job? Always like to have a go myself first.

had a quick search but couldnt find any guides.

many thanks

Megane dci 130
Remove Disc, take out circlip, press bearing out, press bearing in and replace circlip.

Refit Disc.

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
Im getting that loud droning sound

sounds very easy will have a go myself. ne images?

is there any part of that process at all that is tricky? if it sounds so easy, whey are there ppl on here paying £100 to get them fitted?

Im buying one 2moro from gsf parts for £25.25p inc VAT

Nope very, very easy to do. Have to do quite a few on the race cars as they tend to get tweaked by contact with other cars etc.

Ten minute job if its one with air jacks!

When you've pressed the old bearing apart pull it apart and use the cage to push the new bearing in. Makes it a lot easier than trying to get a socket of the right size to sit on it and clear the disc.

Cheers
M

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
needs pressed out and in, if your needing new rear disks they come with them pressed so its sometimes easyer just to change the disks (costs £200 though!)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
^^ can get none renault ones for about £110 i thinks

Just changing one bearing would be a balls ache IMO.

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
Cheapest Wheel Bearing Guide and GSF Part number.

Hey all just to add abit of useful content to CS for a change...

I've had problems with my wheel bearing (back left)

For any of you that don't know the wheel bearing makes a loud droning sound when you speed up. A good way to check which side has the problem; Turn a tight left or tight right at 30mph. If the noise stops when turning left, the left bearing has the problem and v'versa. Or you can jack the car up and see if the wheel doesn't spin freely or makes a rubbing noise.

I found out that one of the cheapest places to buy a bearing from is GSF parts. The part number is VKBA969 which is £21.95+VAT. However when calling them they didn't have any in stock so i bought a clio substitute they recommended to me which came in at just under £17 inc VAT.

I was going to fit it myself however my press has gone missing :( i took it to my local garage and they fitted it for me for £30 all in.

Therefore I have spent £47 for a new bearing. fitted. There are people that have spent over £100 getting this done on CS. Why?!!?

My car is now so much quieter :)

Anyway all you need to know about GSF is below...

http://www.gsfcarparts.com/index.html
Tel 0208 917 3801

Branches ...
Accrington, Belfast, Birmingham (Headquarters), Birmingham NW (Smethwick), Bradford, Bristol, Canterbury, Cardiff, Chadwell Heath, Chelmsford, Cheltenham, Coventry, Daventry, Derby, Doncaster, Dublin (North), Dublin (South), Exeter, Farnham, Greenford, Hastings, Heathrow, Hemel Hempstead, Hitchin, Huddersfield, Ipswich, Kingston, Leamington Spa, Leeds, Leicester, Lincoln, Liverpool, London (Brixton), London (Hornsey - N8), London (NW10), Luton, Manchester (Swinton), Manchester (Trafford Park), Newcastle, Northampton, Norwich, Nottingham, Peterborough, Plymouth, Poole, Portsmouth, Reading, Sheffield, Slough, Southampton, Stoke-On-Trent, Swansea, Swindon, Thurrock, Watford, Wolverhampton, Worthing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to gsf this morning for some oil/filter, was suprised when talking to the guy behind the counter that they actually stock genuine ren rear discs with the bearing already pressed in. Should have asked for a price but hopefully my rear discs wont need changing for a while

Jagggg...missing the 182!
any of you lads that pressed them in personally help me out here:

want to press in the new bearings to new discs, i cant take the old ones off first as need the car.

the bearing kit came with a white plastic spacer, bearing, circlip and nut.

The bearing has a sealing lip on one side only.

Which way does it assemble into the disc?

Megane dci 130
Just look at the old disc.

From the front of the disc, it goes..

Bearing (with sealing lip towards the back)
Circlip
then nut.

The white spacer isnt used, just take it off.

Hope this helps