ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you pay for your clio sport

Borrowed the cash off my parents, owe about 5k on it now.

I have been off work for nearly 4 months due to illness so I am glad that I dont owe any money to banks, credit card/finance companies.

I with Dan...ooops I AM mommy and daddy....spare cash bought my 172, px that and got a 0% ren fin loan on the balance for the trophy....the difference (the value of the loan) is in a Bank account eaning interest as the DD works its way through...probably the only way Ill ever make money on a car!

fat 182

spare cash for me too :D

well traded my MR2 roadster in for it it was a straight swap cost i paid cash for my mr2 when i got it

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by bean on 12 July 2005

Another question, how many of you have mortgages or have even left home yet?

Not many!

I recently got a big loan and paid some debts off at the same time as getting my 172. still got some monthly payments to make to mikey, but im hoping i can just offer sexual services instead.

I paid money from credit card into my current account then paid via switch for my new car when credit card bill came thru I transfered balance to an 0% interest card.I Planned on paying over 4 years (£11000/48=£229 per month) So now i just make minimum payment to credit card each month and wotever is left from £229 I Pay into a high interest account.When 4 years is up ill pay balance of credit card and wont have paid any interest and will have earnt a bit on high interest account. Youve got to be strict and make sure you pay yourself the money each month and also you have to transfer the credit balance every 6-12 month to a new interest free deal

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

£1k /month mortgage , £130 council tax.

My clio sport is my car but I use it for work. Work mileage reimbursement easily covers the cost of the car plus tidy profit each month.

Elise/VX220/R26

I run a house as well lol dont know which is more expensive! Left Home at 21 now 26, benefit of moving out young I suppose

Quote: Originally posted by Big Iain on 11 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 11 July 2005

spare cash for me
wish I had 12k+ cash lyin around spare,

its called saving :p, i got enough put buy for getting a vxr astra too

i have a mortgage too and im paying more of than i should to get payments down too

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by bean on 12 July 2005

Another question, how many of you have mortgages or have even left home yet?
Ive been paying a mortgage for nearly five years now. Its only £350 a month, but soon to go up to more like £700 when I move :cry:.

Quote: Originally posted by UKCat on 12 July 2005

I paid money from credit card into my current account then paid via switch for my new car when credit card bill came thru I transfered balance to an 0% interest card.I Planned on paying over 4 years (£11000/48=£229 per month) So now i just make minimum payment to credit card each month and wotever is left from £229 I Pay into a high interest account.When 4 years is up ill pay balance of credit card and wont have paid any interest and will have earnt a bit on high interest account. Youve got to be strict and make sure you pay yourself the money each month and also you have to transfer the credit balance every 6-12 month to a new interest free deal

Fair enough...only problem I can see with this is persuading a different credit card company every 6-12 months to give you a fair few grand (reducing, granted) credit limit. I have a fairly large limit on a card Ive had since I was 18, but when applying for a new card to avoid a bit of interest, they wouldnt budge on giving me more than £1200 or so.