ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How doo guys. Coming back to clios after playing with jap cars :)

ph1 172
How doo people.

After 3 years of playing with RWD jap cars mainly nissan r32 skylines I have decided (been told by the wife lol) to get my self a clio 172 as a daily driver and track toy :)

I've not bought one yet just currently collecting funds i'm aiming to have £2000 by next month then going to see what i can get I'm hoping to get the phase 2 172 as i've had and modified one before i went to jap cars and loved it :)

I'm going to have it as a progressive track day project as in do a track day (either Anglesey or oulton park) when its standard, then suspension and brake mods do a track day, power mods then track day and so on keeping note of the times and any improvements :)

so thats me and my plans :D

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Welcome along mate, running a Clio compared to an R32 should see you be able to put a whole club of strippers through university with the money you will save lol.. They are superb cars and a bloody good compromise to run for what they offer in terms of performance.

Personally for 2k id be looking at the Phase 1, throttle cable and smaller wheels (cheaper tyres again) make it the fastest of the bunch FYI ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'd also go PH1 mate, they have grown so much on me since I came on here.

Danny's and The Evil's one were stunning.

ph1 172
yeah the r32 was a costly affair but most 400 bhp cars cost alot to run lol

I dunno about the looks of the ph1 i know they are cheaper but never really fancied the looks altho i prefer the looks of the ph1 v6 over the ph2 v6. I will see whats on offer when i have the money together

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Another vote for the ph1, not biased of course lol. Think you will get a nicer ph1 than the ph2 for the money

Dan

ph1 172
Been having a good look at the ph1 172 and the cost is pretty impressive i do think i might go for one just down to the costs.

one thing will i be limited in tuning and mods due to it being a ph1? or will things like ecus, engine parts and suspension meant for the ph2 172 fit the ph1??

ph1 172
WELL PICKED UP MY PH1 172 ON SATURDAY :D was smiling like an idiot all the way home:
IMAG0095_1297597897838.jpg

86,000 miles 12 service stamps and was told it had a recent cambelt change but no receipts to prove :( it does have a receipt for a water pump tho BUT it has a slight whine from the engine when cold so a lil paranoid i might collect the funds to take it to NW performance to get the lot done for piece of mind OR see if the private reg sells and take it to RS tuner for some cams timing belt and a remap :)

I like the wheels how ever one has a nasty dent in it and I need to price up a repair on it (altho I am hoping I win a bid on some 16" oz f1s :))

Clio 172 phase 1 '01
We have a lot in common - I drove my 172 ph 1 (the green "exclusive" one) back from Herts. to Norfolk yesterday with the same smile on my face.
I was driving a Jap until recently - a Legacy GT. This is the first FWD car I have ever bought with any power. I've had nice RWD and 4WD cars and I think it's going to be fun learning a new way of going about things!

Italian 3.2 V6
There's a guy on here - Tunst who has some 16" OZ F1's for sale if you don't win those other ones.

Nice buy btw, I think u did the right choice going for a PH1 over a PH2 172.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
I'd agree, my 182 certainly felt better once I had put 15"s on, and the cost in tyres really is just ridiculous with 15's