ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how easy is a engine conversion?

GOLF GT TDI
i am thinkin of getting an engine conversion, just wondering what other parts are required to do this:

also will all RS 172 and 182 both ph1 and ph2 engines fit fine into a mk2 ph1 clio. or is it best going for a certain one if so which?

Same realy effort realy fitting either phase 1 or 2 most often you find the Cups for sale.
Phase 1's would be my choice as theres no UCH or electric throttle body plus on your car you don't need to chnage the throttle pedal as the phae 1's use the manaul one like you do a phase 2 conversion of any type uses the electric throttle body so you'd need to chnage the throttle pedal.

Don't do it though can buy a proper one much cheaper.

Part list depends how your going about it etc. Basically
Radiator plus collling fans etc
Engine loom plus dials then depends what your doing
Idealy gearbox Suspension, hubs, brakes (you have to do hubs and brakes as one for simplicity)

There no easy choice if anyhting a whole conversion on a car without ABS with a Cup transpant the easy option

I'm writing a guide at work will try post what I've done tomorrow.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
If you have a 98 - 2001 clio i would opt for a mk1 172 as a donor car. To be honest a later 2001 - 2005 set up will fit, but will require a little bit more work to fit. Make sure you get everything to do the conversion including ..

engine
gearbox
suspension
hubs
discs
calipers
driveshafts
eng mounts
loom
ECU
UCH
plip key