ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How easy is fitting the mk3 grille?

MK3 1.2 Dynamique SX
Ok so I've seen it done on many of cars on here and also I've read the guide on how to do it.. And it looks as simple as undoing a few bolts then taking out some clips and replacing the grille.. Now when it comes to things they never seem to be as simple as they make out so my question is..

​has anyone actually fitted it themselves and how easy was it, also did it take long?

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
Three locating plastic lugs on the top edge, three clips on the bottom edge, you need to pull the bottom outward first basically, it's either that or remove the bumper and pop them out from the back.

MK3 1.2 Dynamique SX
I don't fancy removing the bumper at all that just sounds like complete hassle haha, i think I'm gonna have to open the bonnet and have a butchers, I'm sure ill find a way, use make it sound so simple and i bet its not lol

RB 200
bumpers are easy to take off. only a few bolts and 4 clips, take 2 clips out and pull the top of the bumper the other 2 just pop. takes 10 mins tops with the right tools - last time I done it I spent more time looking for my T20 head than taking it off..

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
Opening your bonnet will give absolutely nothing away I'm afraid, it's all hidden away, the only other thing you could try is to release the two clips and two bolts on the bonnet slam panel for the bumper and lift the top part away to put your arm in and push the grill out that way, but honestly I'd still try and do it from the front

Superleggera'd MK3
^ I did this, was easy as i had my brother pull the bumper away from the car and i got my arm behind it. Tight fit though and pretty sharp lol.