ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How easy is it ?

Hi Guys,

I have just bought my daughter her first car, it's a 1999 1.2 clio 3 door,

the two doors were all dented and could not be pushed out, so I just picked up the same colour doors from a breakers off the same year car, I swapped them over yesterday and the colour is a perfect match.

The only issue is her old doors had the windows manual kind and the new doors I have put on have electric windows. I was hoping to keep the electric ones but I don't know what is needed to power them up ?

Is it something easy or is it a major operation ?

or should I just start swapping the guts and the door cards to convert it back to the way it was ?

any advice would be great, thanks

ok I have just started having a look by taking the door cards off. I am only working on the passenger side...

I have disconnected the cables from the door to the inside of the passanger footwell and found that inside the car it IS wired for electric windows. there are 2 lives and 1 negative

I used a piece of wire to test the electric window in the door direct from the battery and it works fine,

but I need to know were the 2 lives and the negative in the passenger foot well get there power from ? I have looked in the main fuse box and can't see any blown or missing, so were do the electric windows get there power source from please ? ( I don't have a haynes yet )

​are there any other fuses to control the electric windows ?

george 172,205,metro
usually renault put all the wiring in place but dont put the motors in, silly i know:S
​either way glad u manage to get it sorted