ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How fast is my 172 to 60?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
slow.

you can get 60 in second easy, the change slowed it down a lot.

try being a bit more brutal. ;)

john.med said:
that's ok with me; will have another go with it bouncing off the limiter...

wots up wid every1 elses figures , is me stopwatch broke . or is every1 pissed:drunk:

1998 BMW e46 323i
You know I had it at 6 seconds but thought it couldn't be right.

Timed again I got 6.28 for the first run and 6.14 seconds for the second (I downloaded a stopwatch).

MarkM, Carbon Copy and Uncleiven are you just being funny?

I've done a re-run with the limiter bouncing away and timed it both runs at sub 6 seconds!

I'll post a link when up-loaded.

A4 Avant & A3
i got around 6.5 on my watch.. but then it's a little difficult to tell when it starts.
So it's never gonna be very acurate.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Downloaded a stopwatch on my smartphone and timed my second runs at 6.8 and 6.6. well happy with that

Re-timed my first runs, where I'd changed to third gear and my best was 6.6.

Okay, it's an indicated 60mph, but my car (full fat 172 mk2) is, other than a thru flow rear silencer, 100% original with 43k on the clock with backseats (would you believe some losers remove them, ha ha) and stuff in the boot, to boot!

Anyone who reckons it's anyway near 8 secs? I can't see it

Last edited:
john.med said:
Downloaded a stopwatch on my smartphone and timed my second runs at 6.8 and 6.6. well happy with that

Re-timed my first runs, where I'd changed to third gear and my best was 6.6.

Okay, it's an indicated 60mph, but my car (full fat 172 mk2) is, other than a thru flow rear silencer, 100% original with 43k on the clock with backseats (would you believe some losers remove them, ha ha) and stuff in the boot, to boot!

Anyone who reckons it's anyway near 8 secs? I can't see it

all speedo's over read, try stopping the clock at 63-64mph, will give you a closer reading to real 60.

MKIII 138
looks like 7.0 secs when you consider speedo at 60 is prolly 58/59mph

7.0 is fine and right.

losers removing back seats ? well i think you should tell some cup owners on here that. my cup`s been timed at 6.3 stock without back seats at just 11k miles but then again it would do as it without em its 105 kg`s less than a fatty MKII

Beetle
Pmsl.
no way!?! people actually remove their back seats? oh my god i cannot beleive that! they're such looooooooooosers.:rolleyes:
if you dont want criticism or honest opinions on things then don't bother to post up threads in the first place, just because you think its fast and you've timed it at a certain speed doesn't mean everybody else has to agree with you and accept what time you think it is.

1998 BMW e46 323i
The title is a question my friend.

Just seemed my readings, onced i'd got a stopwatch, were around 6 and some people were saying it was close to 8 and slow... it is what it is, inaccurate bit of fun.

Furthermore, a legal bit of fun that others with nothing more than a steering wheel with a video phone jammed in between can do themselves and add to the post as by way of comparison...

I think removing your rear seats or spare wheel (unless you're on a track) is a bit silly when you're only gonna have tenths of a second shaved off acceleration times and probably a much twitchier/lighter rear end in the corners. 2 fast 2 furious if you ask me.

Anyway my car seems to be firing on all cylinders so I'm happy. A little surprised that Renault weren't bullshitting about 0-60 times though.

Beetle
yes the title is a question, so people answered it then you got upset. it depends when you start timing it as it's not easy to judge when your car actually starts moving.

1998 BMW e46 323i
I haven't been 'upset' Scotty-Boy.

What we have here is discussion; it's what happens in any forum

Beetle
yes it is indeed but it has come accross that you wont accept the times that some people have said, i'll leave it at that.

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
john.med said:
I think removing your rear seats or spare wheel (unless you're on a track) is a bit silly when you're only gonna have tenths of a second shaved off acceleration times and probably a much twitchier/lighter rear end in the corners. 2 fast 2 furious if you ask me.

It isant "2 fast 2 furious" thats where people put stickers all over their cars and fill them with s**t they dont need!

Stripping a car is a personal thing! If you do want to get faster times then it is a good and cheap way to do it! Everything helps! I think the only way to do it is to either put a stop watch in your car and/or a better video (I realise it was a camera phone vid). You will get contrasting times, as you said its a forum!

Adam

Impreza P1
My 172 Cup does it in 1.5 seconds with NOS And a 50psi turbo lol:D

Jokes does it matter about 0-60 that much....???? all i know is that all Renault Sports are FAST as FOOK:cool:

quite a varied amount of times ........ as ppl av said hard to tell when u start . id say when the mileometer started.....but what the hell . at the end of the day u had fun . ur car is quicker . others will b quicker, some slower . some just insane . but who gives a fcuk . love it or hate it.

I LIKE IT PERSONALLY.

but most ppl prefer to take the piz than praise on here . easier to put him down than to say well done JOHN . going to make it quicker john , wot mods john . aint the bigger picture we should discuss .

cliosport is a forum , not a sl*ging debate on whos a badass or not .

WTF IS GOING ON WITH U PPL .
I DONT WANT A REPLY FOR THIS MESSAGE, JUST GETTING IT OFF MY CHEST .:rasp:

J

JACKO CUP 172!

john.med said:
that's ok with me; will have another go with it bouncing off the limiter...
try and change it just after the gear light comes on???