ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How I decode new plip key ?

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Hi
one of my key's plip is broken so it useless to disable the imobillizer. I bought a new plip key (the black palstic piece) and put the lod metal key in. Do I need to go to renault just to decode the new plip or I can do it myself somehow ?
Thank you
Lior

Clio MkII 172 K reg
but if I bought new original plip at ebay and the I'll go renault to decode the IR it will work ?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
As far as i've read on here, as loads of people ask this is, you have to buy a new one from renault, coded to your car.

Skoda Fabia vRS
the one you have bought from Ebay is probably useless, it might only work with the car it was originally intended for, im not completely up to speed with my knowledge of keys yet so i may be wrong, but a lot of them are this way

buy a plip from Renault, and get it coded at Renault, your looking at around £160 all in mate

Clio MkII 172 K reg
I bought a new (unused) plip. As far as I know, renault sell plip and then decode it to specific car or I wrong ?
Anyway, I will update what done at the end.
* Renault asked me 82 pounds for new plip+metal key+decode (in Israel). Only decoding will cost me 7 pounds here.

Skoda Fabia vRS
some of them are not 100% blank though, they are locked to a cars chassis number in a way and are useless for any other car, and they still need coding aswell

Clio MkII 172 K reg
My plip arriced. It's new in sealed pack. Now I just need to go to renault to decode it to my car ? How much time for work by renault tech book ?
Other solution: The porblem with my old plip is that the button now work properly. I can switch between IR moduls (put into new plip case the old IR)and insert metal key without going to renault.
What you suggest ?

My plip arriced. It's new in sealed pack. Now I just need to go to renault to decode it to my car ? How much time for work by renault tech book ?
Other solution: The porblem with my old plip is that the button now work properly. I can switch between IR moduls (put into new plip case the old IR)and insert metal key without going to renault.
What you suggest ?

1 hour labour is often change can be done in under 30 mins but often theres a min labour time.

I'd Recomend just get the new plip coded