ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long until i can post on Detailing World ?

Not a 320d
I signed up after someone on here mentioned it, looks like a decent forum. What the people like over there ? Busy forum ?

Cant post mind, ive activated my account but im waiting for an admin to activate it now or something.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You need to wait mate.

It's full of intelligent folk, pit viper, Dave KG and then there are the total spanners!

Bus w**ker
It has some great info on there and some really clued up people...and it also has some complete bellends that haven't a clue. Mostly though it has sheep...lots and lots of sheep.

Take it for what it is, use the search a lot and if needs be ask questions. It's only a forum on the internet, so f**k 'em if they get annoyed.

Oh and like Gally said you can post straight away, don't even think you have to authenticate your email.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Most on there will cry and rip you to pieces if you ask something that has been covered two years ago, or if you have a bad wash technique,

Whatever you do, don't upload a pic of:

a) A Sponge

b) A Sponge on the floor

c) Anything on the floor

d) A Water Blade

Not a 320d
Most on there will cry and rip you to pieces if you ask something that has been covered two years ago, or if you have a bad wash technique,

Whatever you do, don't upload a pic of:

a) A Sponge

b) A Sponge on the floor

c) Anything on the floor

d) A Water Blade

PMSL

How about tcut ?

Ive been detailing properly for a while and ive done many cars. Just never touched a rotary and want to ask a few q's about it. Will be tackling my mates Schnitzer 118D again as i want to get it done properly. Took me and a friend 5 hours to do the bonnet alone using the G220, and that wasnt exactly perfect. We now have some 3M gear and some UPOL (dont worry im not using it its like grit). Want to get a rotary now and some 3M waffle pads to try have another go on this thing. Only problem is the time, i dont want to be stuck in for 3 days polishing this thing, i want to get it swirl free in the easyest possible way and as fast as possible. HOPING i can go round it with a compound on the rotary, get rid of the "swirls" and then have my mate follow with the DA with a lighter polish or finishing polish to get rid of any hologramming i leave.

- these are more like f**king RDS not swirls.

DSC01758.jpg

DSC01764.jpg

Last edited:
  E87 118d M Sport
if you have questions just post them on there mate. if people moan say youve joined up to find out the answers. if you knew them all you wouldnt be in this situation.
everyone has to start somewhere.

Not a 320d
We did get the bonnet down to this though.

DSC01773.jpg

if you have questions just post them on there mate. if people moan say youve joined up to find out the answers. if you knew them all you wouldnt be in this situation.

Trust me its only rotary related. I know enough but im always looking for better ways, and there are some very helpful people on here who have answered loads of my questions.

Flame Red Delight
on detailing world take everything with a pinch of salt, its a very good forum for detailers but if you havent got the £500 top of the range wax it isnt good enough, there is many different products that do the same thing and normally hold a different price tag :) thats my 2 pence worth

Bumder With A Buffer
Disagree with that. There are fan boys yes but there are a lot of sheep on there too. Much like this place and Turinis etc.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah I see, i'll shall use the search function in future ;)

mk7 fiesta zs

not everyone moans about newbies on DW. ive been on there for over two years (with nearly 9,000 posts) and whenever someone asks 'whats the best shampoo' or 'can you reccomend me products for a full detail' etc etc i will always try to help as ive been in their shoes before, and i quite like helping people out as well ;)

DW is a great place if your looking to take your car care serious, granted there are lots and lots of "sheep" but i disagree with the comment regarding "if your wax aint 500 quid" not at all, a wax will only enhance and protect whats below it, its all in the prep, and most people on there who know what they are talking about will press this early on.
We use many waxes from 40 quid to 2K is there a difference? yes but its very very slight.

I think the key is getting specific products for each stage, a good wash, clay, pre cleanse the wax/seal with specific products will show a huge improvement over your usual wash and Auto glym super resin polish.

There are alot of armchair experts on there these days tho, hence i try (try but dont always do to well) try to stay out of all the junk on there. you have to understand for people who have been on there a while, answering questions like why use a wash mit, or what drying towel gets a bit tiersome after 3-4 years.

Golf GTD Mk7
it is a good forum. learnt a lot from it. Makes you want to spend money though :S. If you speak to the guys in the know you'll learn, but like with any forum there are sheep and people who talk crap. The more you read the more you know who is the best to listen to. DaveKG guides are top rate and he knows his shiz.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I only ever go on to look at the studio, showroom , projects and resto's, CBA with posting stuff, I go up to a local detailing shop and get top advice from them, saves being flamed by some little internet geek on a forum

If you dont want to answer the question, dnt rant on about the search button