ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how low per spline

wanna lower my valver cant remember how much each spline lowers by? any advise also? 15mm lower at front to back? lookin to lower between 35-50mm on 16s

I found each drop is around 25mm, but no matter how much people rant about per spline it will mean feck all when your doing it - just move it round til your happy and then make it go back in - it will eventually find a point where it just slides back in under a bit of force, measure it before you start.

well am not riskin doin it.will do fronts myself. 35mm front 50 rear? is compensator easy adjust? done on my corsa must be same? wanna go 50mm but dont wanna cause hassle or lose handling and stil able to get on ramp at work.haha

if you have any mechanical sense ( i assume you do) its not hard, just can be a bit of a b**ch to get right... mines low, god knows how low, but after Ktec did it first time I got on the ramps in thick fit, but not for sh*t would it come off.... had to have 4 blokes lift the ass up in the end. i raised the back up a little but its still lowish. perfection will have the rear sitting slightly higher than the front.

Remember your valvers lower than a standard clio anyway!

If i had a standard car again id leave it alone personally... its lower as standard, and maybe the addition of some uprated shocks will iron out any flaws in the handling....

But if your going to, and you will... -35/40 front and around the 30mark at the rear ( whatever it works out to) and you will be able to drive it half sensibly over ramps and all that. you get loads of problems as you go low and i dont think its worth it..... get yourself a set of decent shocks, i have Koni adjustables and they are great

sounds good mate cheers.gotta sort collum out first,loads of play in ujs. any ideas best place for collum? tried find a part. gen renault is £143 bout 2hrs fitting.lets hope that helps handling.doin brakes tomoz if not too cold!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

to lower 35mm you adjust the torsion bar by 14 splines. mark the torsion bar before removing it.remove the bar adjust you suspension arm by 35mm,rotate the bar by 14 splines and slide it back in.use your marks to check it has moved 14 splines(35mm).the bar will only fit smoothly in one position.i use spline reference/marks to find the point where it slides in,to check i have lowered it the correct amount and to check i have done both sides the same.