ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much HP do you gain?

LY R27
Hi guys

How much HP do you gain from an ITG panel filter?

My mate reckons from 5 to 10hp. Does this sound right? :S

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
depends on condition of original filter, going from brand new genuine to itg, nothing, paper filters flow just the same if not better, just the foam filters keep their flow rate over time where the papers dont. someone done a test on it few years back

The only clear advantage of an ITG or similar panel filter is they don't need to be changed at services. Regular cleaning/oiling is all they need.

zilch, don't see the point in them myself. May give you slightly better airflow but thats about it. oh and of course saving money when it comes to replacing paper ones.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
But who really cleans those sort of filters? I've had a go and what a faff!

I'm no longer convinced by mild tuning like exhausts, matched inlets and ECU programming (unless it's major tuning changes like camshafts and rebores). I'd rather spend the money on fuel, tyres, brake pads and on track days.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
lg_hp-sauce-big.jpg

Bout 2 bottles gained iirc

182 Trophy, Octavia vRS
But who really cleans those sort of filters? I've had a go and what a faff!

I'm no longer convinced by mild tuning like exhausts, matched inlets and ECU programming (unless it's major tuning changes like camshafts and rebores). I'd rather spend the money on fuel, tyres, brake pads and on track days.

I'm inclined to agree, my Trophy has a remap, maxogen induction, decat exhaust and to be honest can't really tell that much difference at all.

Now when I used to own a Cooper S and had that tuned with a smaller pully larger intercooler exhaust etc and your adding like 50bhp boy you can tell :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
people seem to have mixed opinions really on tuning i had done the basics, matched inlets, itg, samco bend, 182 manifold, decat, exhaust system and gained just under 20bhp and 20lb/ft and it turned it into an animal!

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I'm inclined to agree, my Trophy has a remap, maxogen induction, decat exhaust and to be honest can't really tell that much difference at all.

Now when I used to own a Cooper S and had that tuned with a smaller pully larger intercooler exhaust etc and your adding like 50bhp boy you can tell :)

Turbo'd engine = worth doing IMO