ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much is my 172 worth?

2003 MR2 Roadster
I am possibly thinking of selling my 172 and wondered how much £ I might get:-

Its on a 53 plate in Monaco blue
Has done 30k
FSH
Totally standard except for a K&N panel filter
4 new tyres 2 weeks ago
Mint condition
10 months MOT
I will get it fully serviced

Any ideas?..I paid £7k for it 3 months ago

Cheers

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Private £6500 - £6750 if your lucky . Its a buyers market , lots for sale . For a quicker sale £6000 imo .

2003 MR2 Roadster
Think I'll keep it then. I was wanting a Golf GT TDI so looks as though I'll just have to own 2 cars (and get another job.lol)

If you sell it in march you'll probably get a bit more for it, like he says it's a buyers market at the min.

2003 MR2 Roadster
I'll be honest - I think the 172 is overated. I was expecting a car of better build quality, more mid range and acceleration. Its my fault as I did not realise the low torque figure for this car :-(

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The build qualitys not brilliant , granted . If you can live with the odd rattle , lol . As for power , the 1*2's aren't that bad if you keep it in the power band . Learn to love 2nd and 3rd gear ;) . I suppose they aren't everyones cup of tea , but for the price you pay you get alot for your money imo .

Good luck with your search for the Golf :)

2003 MR2 Roadster
Cheers

The other option is a bike (swear word on here I bet!.haha)

A 600 sports bike..We shall just wait and see..Not rushing into it plus Xmas etc to deal with..

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
never been a fan of crotch rockets myself. i know what you mean about the lack of mid range punch on the clio, when your nailing it they go well but they do feel a bit dead between 4 and 5k, nothing a set of cams cant fix hehe