ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much to get sump gasket replaced.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
it's fairly awkward, but not worse than a lot of other cars. 3-4 hours labour tops

How come it takes that long Danny? Is there a lot to remove first? I had an advisory for a weeping sump gasket today - no probs I thought and enquired on the price all the same. I nearly burst out laughing when they quoted £361 inc.VAT for the job. The few sump jobs I've been involved with in the past have been nowhere near that long on other cars.

D.

sophiesdad

ClioSport Club Member
  anything i get
its because you are meant to remove the subframe , its very tight as where the oil pump sits.
I normally raise the engine and support it from the top and lower the subframe , then you can twist it out. about 3 ish hours.

Seat Ibiza
its because you are meant to remove the subframe , its very tight as where the oil pump sits.
I normally raise the engine and support it from the top and lower the subframe , then you can twist it out. about 3 ish hours.

That sounds like a right pain in the a**. I'm so glad I work on lorries!! Alot less fiddley ftw

340i
I did mine the same time I changed the clutch on the 172... easy peasy with the subframe removed!

But, as said... with the subframe in place its an arse to do! Raise the engine, or lower the subframe