ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much

How much would it cost for a full respray on the clio? I would be after a half decent job, but have no idea whatsoever.:confused:

Any ideas appreciated..

ive seen resprays for 1k if its just a simple colour

flip paints can cost upwards 2-3k

and its worth spending the extra grand, cause if these paints are done wrong they look shocking

Depends if you want to do all the prep yourself.

If you strip the car then re-build it afterwards youll save a small fortune. If you cant do that for whatever reason youll pay best part of a weeks labour + the paint job depending who does it.

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 24 April 2003

A full respray, the materials would cost more than £500. :confused:
What materials? Apart from the paint.

I dont know anything about bodywork/re-spraying, but I was told I could have had my old nova re-sprayed for £450, and a lad I know got his whole bodykit fitted, and car re-sprayed with flip paint and paid £900

Depends on the finish you want and stuff. The more paint you use the better finish you get and obviously paint costs. When your getting flips it depends on what colour you car is originally and wether that will work with the flip.

i know a guy who got an axgt completly sprayed for £300 and guy who got a mini done for £400 iirc.

Another guy got a quote for a ford ka in a flip with his base colour redoing for £1000.

Quote: Originally posted by Tom_16v on 25 April 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 24 April 2003

A full respray, the materials would cost more than £500. :confused:
What materials? Apart from the paint.

I dont know anything about bodywork/re-spraying, but I was told I could have had my old nova re-sprayed for £450, and a lad I know got his whole bodykit fitted, and car re-sprayed with flip paint and paid £900
The paint! The stuff I used on my bodykit and bonnet was £80 a litre. (Retail). Then you needed Primer, Laquer etc.. not cheap.

I know you can get cheaper paints, though.

Daz.

My mate does all kinds of bodywork in his spare time and is sh*t hot at it!! He has done 2 feature cars as well.

Anyways he will do a respray on a valver from between £650 to £850 depending on price of colour. He will also do a flip for a little over a grand, think he mentioned £1200 for flip.