ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How practical is the V6 (56k ’ish)

where is Jeremy when I need him, Im outnumbered until he shows to prove that black is the fastest colour !!! JT - where are you?????????? :)

although I think having a black diesel as well proves my point doesnt it!?!?!? ;)

James - if that is the liquid yellow one, please post again, I can never see it too often, and the post is blank on my pc!!!

specialK - Im busy hunting out a nearly new Mk2 Vee in black so hopefully Ill be increasing the nos of black Vees very soon!

Mark 1 Clio V6

I must admit the attention does get a touch annoying. At first it was great, but now it is a pain in the backside!!!!!

Saying that I would never under any circumstance part with the V. Keeping it in totally standard form until it gains classic status.

I have, however, had to stop using it as an every day car. Want to keep it mint and at very low mileage, so have bought a second (more sensible) car to run around in.

One tip; unless you mind kids around it prodding and poking about 5 times a week - get a garage! My next purchase is a house with a garage.

Theres no question. Black is the faastest.

By the way, just driven up the road, Ms Spears is on the opposite side completely starkers and no ones looked at my car. Gutted.

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 22 October 2004

By the way, just driven up the road, Ms Spears is on the opposite side completely starkers and no ones looked at my car. Gutted.

Thats because I was on the other side of the road in my RED V6, they were all looking at me......;)

Simon.

I was looking at Miss Spears though, almost crashed the car...lol

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 22 October 2004

Yeah you never know with that girl. Best to stick to Ms.

Ta, Andy

Mark 1 Clio V6

I own a silver V. But our local Renault dealer has had a black and red one in.

I would fully expect both to go as fast as each other.

Black looks by far the best of the two though!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by CraigV6 on 23 October 2004

Black looks by far the best of the two though!!!!!!!!!!!

In your opinion, and black are a real b*****d to clean and keep clean, had black cars before, wont have one again, RED always looks clean.....and FAST....;)

Simon.

We seem to be going a little bit of TOPIC here.......:eek:

i find problems with parking the Vee in car parks single bays, it is a little wider than other cars, and im not happy with the room left for other drivers.

i tend to occupy the disabled bays, and do the old ali G limp away from my car. :D

i dont use mine everyday, infact its purely a weekend toy. i wouldnt personally drive it everyday - rain might wash the paint off ;), no really im just too careful where i take it so use my other car instead forthe daily grind.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Well, just back from the Vees first practicality test, a weekend in Devon - 500 mile round-trip from here. Rained all weekend, but no problems for the car. Got 27 mpg, and all the luggage fitted no problem at all.

Just finished cleaning it - those wheels are an absolute *!!~?| (insert expletive) to clean!

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 24 October 2004

those wheels are an absolute *!!~?| (insert expletive) to clean!

You got the right....:cry:, maybe its time invest in some 5 spoke 19s....;)

Simon.

Clio v6

Im think of getting another V6, probably a second hand MK1. I will seriously consider putting something less spokey on it.

Quote: Originally posted by James on 25 October 2004

Im think of getting another V6, probably a second hand MK1. I will seriously consider putting something less spokey on it.

James.. whats there to think about.. u know u miss it! What do u have now?

3 MPS, MX5

You can also cantact Mark (Wax Wixard) through his website http://www.waxwizard.co.uk/http://www.waxwizard.co.uk/

Although I have read on a few different forums that there was some controversy regarding fake Swissol.

From my own experience with Mark, he washed and polished both my Audi and Porsche and the results were excellent which is why I bought 2 gallons of the MC2 (Multiclean) that he apparantly mixes himself purely for the wheels.