ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How tall are you ?

Clio 172 CUP
As it says above how tall are you? What do you drive? and do you find it comfertable ? Im 6ft 7" and drive a 172 cup and i think its got nearly as much room as my old hatchback ford focus and feels more comfertable ...

Ibiza FR Edition
I'm 6ft 1" and find the legroom in my 1.2 16v a little uncomfortable as the seat is as far back as it can go... it's ok though just not as generous as a megane or anything.

S4 Avant
Clios seating position is the worst in the entire world. The steering wheel and gearstick are too far forwards in relation to the pedals.

Clio 172 CUP
I actuly dont mind the seating position but it is only my second car so not much experiance but i do think the steering wheel could do with coming out to me a bit more and as i said above i think i get nearly as much leg room as my old focus.

BG PH1 Megane 225
I'm 6ft 4" with stupidly long legs and drive a Phase 2 172, the seat is as far back as it goes and tilted backwards a fair bit so I can actually see out :eek:...I agree about the gearstick being miles away...3rd gear is the worst for it I find, overall though I find it quite a comfortable place to sit...I just wish the steering wheel grips were a little thinner :dapprove: having a passenger behind me is a no go area too! deary me!

Clio 172 CUP
llf yeah i cant get anyone behind me either could only get a dog or somehing on the back seat :rasp: but never got a full car anyway :D

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'm 6"2 and have the seat as far back as possible, fortunatley I seem to have long arms so the gearstick etc isn't a problem, with my smaller steering wheel I can now drive with the seat much further forward if I have someone in the back etc :)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
5'11. I find my position very comfortable. Passengers behind me, not so much. Do i care? No.

ITB'd MK1
6ft ish. Clio driving position is pish (mk1 and mk2), the wheel is too high by a good couple of inches.

Mk1 seats are SOOO much better than mk2 though

Maybe a 172 Cup..
I'm 6'4" and don't find position bad at all. Have lowered front seat though, so think that helps a bit. I think the funniest thing is when you drive past somewhere and see a reflection of your car. I'm 16.5 stone as well, and it looks like I've been shoe-horned into a toy car!!! But find getting in and out really easy.

1998 BMW e46 323i
6'4" too. There's worse cars, bu there are a few much better. I drove a Laguna a while back, got in and threw the seat back, as per usual. I couldn't reach the pedals!!

Large saloons FTW!

Shorter than Christopher, but I sit quite far back in my ph1, well as far back as my little legs and arms will let me.

Mini Cooper S sport
My OH is 6'7 and can't fit in the R26 properly - you'd think there'd be more room in a Megane!

VaVa
In fairness, he's a bit outside the normal height range @ 6' 7"!! I bet he struggkes to fit in most cars!!

I'm just under 6', but have quite long legs. The driving position in th mk2 Clios is very compromised. I have to have the seat all the way back, but consequently that means I have to stretch forward to get third. And the lack of reack adjustment on the steering wheel is also a downer.

Might be my bodily proportions that are the problem, rather than the car. Either way, it's not so bad as you can't get used to it. Feels very natural to me now, but then I've had it 7 years!!!

By compariosn, the driving position in the MINI was much better. Always feel like you're sat 'on' the Clio, rather than 'in' it.

Mini Cooper S sport
In fairness, he's a bit outside the normal height range @ 6' 7"!! I bet he struggkes to fit in most cars!!

Yeah he does, although his Pug 307 is fine. He wanted a Honda Civic but couldn't get in it at all!

The OP is 6'7" and says he fits in a 172 OK :)

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
6 foot 4 and s Megane r26 which is quiet big inside but I'm getting a 500 abarth which is abit smaller lol

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm 6'5 and don't really struggle at all. Gearstick is fine, my knees are a little cosy with the steering wheel though. Anyone in the back has no chance though!

SG9 Forester STi
5ft 6 or 7...one of those I can't remember. All the room in the world in the clio :approve:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Clios seating position is the worst in the entire world. The steering wheel and gearstick are too far forwards in relation to the pedals.

Definitely. I made the rather stupid leap of faith of ordering my 182 without ever having sat in a Clio. At 6ft 1", it's far from the most comfortable car I've ever been in - in fact I had some proper aching legs in the first few weeks of owning it. ;)

I thought the bread-van Civic Type-R was a great seating position when I drove one, but for ultimate 'fits like a glove' feeling - that accolade has to go to the Lotus 340R for me. I think all Lotus designers when that car was being drafted up were all 6ft 1" - lol.

D.

320d
I'm only 5" 7 so its never been a problem for me. The driving position is poor though. If you put the seat on its highest setting its acutally laughable.

White clique

sat in a z4 and the head rest started at the top of my head.. thank f**k the rs250cup is more reasonable.

I'm 5'6'' and i have a Z4, they aint that bad!!

Clio was fine for me, felt like i was sat in a high chair compared to the Z4 but hey ho.

Clio Sport 172
I'm 6'4" and don't find position bad at all. Have lowered front seat though, so think that helps a bit. I think the funniest thing is when you drive past somewhere and see a reflection of your car. I'm 16.5 stone as well, and it looks like I've been shoe-horned into a toy car!!! But find getting in and out really easy.

Same here Aboo im 6'5'' and weigh about the same, leg room is sound in this car but the chair height is far too high. So how did you lower your seat?

Cheers

recaro'd arctic 182
i'm 4'ft 4 and have to have blocks of wood attached to my shoes, I also have to sit on a cushion to see over the steering wheel.

Fabia vrs tdi
6ft 4 and I actually have the seat half back and my arms still a little bent while steering and most my hight's in my legs I don't find it a problem even after 4 hours or so.

6ft

I find it annoying that the steering wheel and gearstick seem so far away, no matter where I put my seat. I think at the moment it's all the way back. The pedals are also offset slightly and sometimes my feet hit each other when trying to use 2 pedals at once.

I knew this when buying the car though. Do the Trophy Recaros improve it much?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
6ft 4, Bimaros bolted to the floor near enough and a flat bottomed steering wheel. PLENTY of room! The standard seats did feel pretty awful though. Way too high.

Clio 172 CUP
llf i dont find it too bad im 6ft 7" and weigh about 17 stone and i think the room is ok just when im in 5th gear me knees practicaly rubbing on the steering wheel but i must look funny to other people who see me in it i dont strugle to get in our out thought.

I'm in the 6'4" club & I fit in fine in my mk2 ph1.

This is exciting, whose going to do the 'What shoesize are you?' thread next?

Ph1 172.
I'm 6'2" and have the seat as far forward as my girlfriend does and she's about 5'6". I don't like driving with my arms or legs straightened out.

BMW 330CI M SPORT
6'5" and leg room is a bit cramped, you couldn't really stretch them out if you needed to on a long journey but I'm fine for head room, rear passengers don't really have a chance.

Clio 197 RB
F604 and my lanky legs are fine, drove up to Birmingham from london on friday and had no aches or pains, and head room is fine aswell.
not as roomy as the Megane R26 tho!!

This.

I'm 5'2 but long legs for my height. 5th isn't in a good place for me.