ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to install in dash screen

has anyone got any links to a how to guide for installing a slide out in dash screen?

I have just ordered a Pioneer 6500DVD setup. Dont think i should have too much trouble installing apart from a couple of minor points -

1)There is a lead which is supposed to be connected to the handbrake switch to stop me watching whilst driving obviously i dont want this to be tru! what do i connect the lead to?

2) Is there a lead to sense when I am in reverse for use with rear view camera? What do I connect this to?

3)Are there any other leads that could outfox me?

Thanks

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Heya Noel

Glad u went for the 6500dvd!!! it is mint, i just put it in my car last week.

Yes there is a wire for the handbrake, but it is easily overcome!

PM me for more info, and ill get back to you.

This is a mint HU

*Im not responsible for u crashing if ur screen is live ;)

tried to PM youjavascript openWin pop_up_profile.asp?profile=6697&ForumID=5 , profile , toolbar=0,location=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=0,resizable=1,width=440,height=370 ">Clio16vSport but your inbox is full! let me know if you can clear some, any help you can give me ref where to connect the handbrake wire, and details of the reverse sensor wire goes! any help would be great

Thanks

800 quid!!!! damn thats cheap...I done a deal on one for a mate the other day for a grand fitted (well as im his mate itd be rude not to fit it) retails at 1500quid.

was really easy to fit...im a perfectionist and it took me three hours to fit to a 96 colt. biggest pain in the arse is hiding the seperate box...loving the touch screen though...forgot to mention that to him when i sold it too him...lol he was quite pleased

Quote: Originally posted by noel-pilot on 08 March 2004

2) Is there a lead to sense when I am in reverse for use with rear view camera? What do I connect this to?
if your gona use it as your mirror, surely u wil need it on all the time? cant help with connecting it tho

Lionel Richie

I fitted Clio16vSports for him, very easy!!!

I hid the box down the passenger side under the carpet just below the plastic surround of the gearstick

for the handbrake wire its very easy, theres a black box on the loom with a black and yellow (i think) wire comming from it, just clip the little red wire splice (green wire) on this

has anyone got any links to a how to guide for installing a slide out in dash screen?

I have just ordered a Pioneer 6500DVD setup. Dont think i should have too much trouble installing apart from a couple of minor points -

1)There is a lead which is supposed to be connected to the handbrake switch to stop me watching whilst driving obviously i dont want this to be tru! what do i connect the lead to?
I fitted a Pioneer 7500DVD to my brothers car and to by pass the hand brake switch all you do is connect the lead that s for the hand brake switch to a earth cable or just earth it somewhere:D

Separate box?? arse! didnt know about that! oh well, will find somewhere for it! Whats it for? is that where all the connections are?

ref: reverse camera, wont be instead of the mirror, just as a gimmick when parking, the screen has the function built in that when it senses you are in reverse it changes source to the camera (if you have one fitted) then it shows you the view from the car making it easy to park. A little unnecessary on our size car but it means I could get into even smaller spaces and...........a much better use for it would be when some very attractive female is in the car behind!!!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

has anyone got any links to a how to guide for installing a slide out in dash screen?I have just ordered a Pioneer 6500DVD setup. Dont think i should have too much trouble installing apart from a couple of minor points - 1)There is a lead which is supposed to be connected to the handbrake switch to stop me watching whilst driving obviously i dont want this to be tru! what do i connect the lead to?2) Is there a lead to sense when I am in reverse for use with rear view camera? What do I connect this to?3)Are there any other leads that could outfox me?Thanks

No links but I fitted my Alpine unit myself

1) Just connect the handbrake lead to an earth point to have it permanantly think the handbrake is on.

2) There is, the easiest way is to connect it to your reverse light.

3) Nope thats about it..

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cm/cv/mpc172/stage1_1_full.jpg

Brilliant cheers, one more question for you! Did you connect the wire all the way to the back literally to the reverse lgith or is there a point nearer the front?

thanks

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

There probably was an easier point at the fuse box.. but I was running a whole load of cables to the boot for the xbox anyway.

Fair enough!! I should receive it on tuesday I think so when I get it out of the box I will have a look and decide whether to get an auto electrician I know out to help with the hard bits! Will only cost me £30 so not much of a hit to take!!

Still trying to find out about this hideaway box for the 6500DVD anyone any info....what it does what connections are on it etc....Are all connections on that and then one lead to the screen? or not?! help anyone!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

mate if u go to Pioneers website,

then too the screen

you can download the instalation manual in a pdf file!!

Has

Yeah I done that, however pioneer reccomend installation only by approved installers so they dont include any install instructions or wiring diagrams!! should be alright when I get it on tuesday!

theres two connections that go into the expansion box from the actual monitor unit...both are pioneer specific plugs and they give u about a metre of cable with both to hide the box away...both are pretty chunky wires mind and are a b*****d to hide! on the box itself then uve got a output for a VCR and also the connection for the reversing camera sensor...some other connections but i cant remember what their for im sorry!

brilliant cheers for that. metre cable sounds pretty useless!!! having a 5m cable would be more helpful then I could just stick it in the boot! hmmm will have a look when i get it and see what to do, my under dash area is pretty clogged up with a hcb30 bluetooth hands free and a kenwood remote infra red interface kit...although that can now come out and two crossovers up there as well! hmmm only time will tell!

Thanks for all your help everyone