ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to install RSTuner???

RS 182
Hi.
I got the new RSTuner but it doesn't come with a CD.
I tried downloading the driver but this didn't work either.
Can anyone here give me a basic guide as to how I get this this up & running?
Many thanks :D

Clio 182
What happened when you downloaded the driver? Have you downloaded the manual as well from the website

RS 182
I downloaded the driver, extracted the files to the desktop, then got windows to install it.
Nothing happens though (the green LED on the VCI interface flickers briefly) and I don't have a clue how to install the ECU calibrations onto it.
I am hoping all will make sense when I plug it into the vehicle & something should spring to life on my laptop, but at the moment there's no windows dialogue box appearing.

Clio Sport 2.0 mk2
Last edited:
  RS 182
Ok. I'll go for the full remap. No point in doing a half-arsed job!
I think I need to buy a battery charger lol.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Ok. I'll go for the full remap. No point in doing a half-arsed job!
I think I need to buy a battery charger lol.

If i were you id backup your ecu & cal. then go for a good drive to recharge the battery and once youve done that reprogramme the ecu and cal

RS 182
Ok I think I've done it!
The "Read ECU" part took about 30 minutes.
I wrote down the following info after connecting the ECU to my laptop:

Manufacturer: 001 (siemens sirius 34)
Part No: 8200476538
Program No: 00E5
Hardware Version: 8200476538
Software Version: 8100
Calibration Version: 7803
Diagnose Version: 09
Vin: VF1CB220F33885398

So the 2 vital pieces of info are the Software version & the CB22 from the Vin.

I then went onto fastchip.nl
There, I looked at the available ECU calibrations in the downloads section.
The correct one for my '05 plate 182 is Clio 2 F4R 2.0 [CB20/CB21/CB22/CB6K]
I then had to choose an ECU write file.
8200_7804 was the correct .cal file (RON98 CB22 aug 2008)
so I chose the
8200_7804 .rst file from Standard engine software [write ECU] section to replace the old ECU file 8100_7803 which I copied on to my laptop before.

Writing the new ECU took about 30 minutes.
On completion I heard a nasty buzzing noise from the engine bay (bonnet was open with shiny new battery charger connected) but I think it was just the immobiliser cutting-in.

Unplugged everything.
Turned the engine off, turned it on & hey presto - I hadn't buggered it!

Took it for a test drive & this is what I noticed after she had warmed up:

1) rev limiter seems unchanged (still kicks-in at about 7250 rpm or so) and it seems slightly easier to get the rapid choo-choo-choo effect perhaps because accelleration is slightly improved?
2) torque may be increased but nothing dramatic
3) torque steer is perhaps a little more obvious (maybe because I was booting it?)
4) it now absolutely flies up to 120 mph

All in all I'm quite impressed. 1 1/2 hours well spent.
An eye-watering blast up & down the A264.

Now someone is going to tell me that it was all in my imagination & the new ECU file is no different to the old one!

Last edited:
  RS 182
No.
Should I have done that?
I thought the ECU .rst file was a total ECU rewrite, as opposed to a partial .cal file just changing a few parameters.

RS 182
Did you also write the latest 8200_7804.cal file as well ?
I have just done this & it took about 2 minutes to write the .cal file to the ECU.
Took the car for another spin & WOW!
Torque is now noticeably improved & she flies up to 100 mph.
Some guy in a tarted-up Mazda 3 sport was tailgaiting me so, being the gent I am, when the traffic cleared I pulled over into the inside lane & blasted away from him.:cool:
t**t still stayed in the outside lane though...

Cheers, Henk!:D

I think the placebo problem before was because I haven't really had the opportunity to rag it before so I didn't know what to expect.

Last edited:
  RS 182
By the way I will RR the car probably at austec to see what results I've got.
This '05 plate 15k 182 has been well looked after, so I expect a good before figure would be 175-180 bhp at the fly?

RS 182
Just the remap.
Car's been very well looked after.
500 miles since the service & you could almost fry chips in the engine oil:D

RS 182
The mid-range torque 3000-5000 rpm seems to have increased noticeably. It really pulls along.
Unfortunately I needed to do a before & after on the same RR to get an accurate comparison.
The car is blisteringly quick & I've owned an s14 200sx & astra gte 16v amongst others.
The 182 seems markedly quicker tbh.

RS 182
Yes not too bad.
About 30 mins to read your ECU, another 30 to write the new one. 15 mins to select the correct files & 2 mins to write the .cal file.
Definitely get a 1800cc+ battery charger from Halfords though. They're only £27 and could save you a lot of heartache.

Clio 182
Just done mine, placed the correct cal as stated by Henk via email......
Car seems to run smoother.... aint had chance of a decent run out yet...

Only issue is the revs seems to drop to near zero when dipping the clutch, doesnt cut out or anything tho.....

Only issue is the revs seems to drop to near zero when dipping the clutch, doesnt cut out or anything tho

After a reprog session it needs to relearn its idle and fuel trim values. Which may take a while. perfectly normal.

Clio Sport 2.0 mk2
After a reprog session it needs to relearn its idle and fuel trim values. Which may take a while. perfectly normal.

What do you mean by "a while" ? I will get mine soon too so I want to know how long and how fast should I drive my car in order to get its ECU understand the new configuration?

Thx.
Bora

RS 182
Just done mine, placed the correct cal as stated by Henk via email......
Car seems to run smoother.... aint had chance of a decent run out yet...

Only issue is the revs seems to drop to near zero when dipping the clutch, doesnt cut out or anything tho.....

Have you RR'd yours before the remap?
I'd like to see a before & after report from the same facility.

Mine does feel quite a bit more "driveable" at lower speeds because of the gain in torque.

Clio Sport 2.0 mk2
Nope I haven't. I am still waiting for mine to come. Henk has sent the product probably with normal post so that means 1 to 2 weeks. And I learned today that the cargos over 100 Euros are subject to customs. Not all but most.

So I think I have to wait for a little more while.

Iceberg 172
Definitely get a 1800cc+ battery charger from Halfords though. They're only £27 and could save you a lot of heartache.

I thought you were meant to disconnect a car battery from the car before attaching a charger to it. Is this perfectly safe?

Do you literally just clamp the charger onto the battery in situ?

Iceberg 172
Excellent. I will definitely do this cause I think my battery's not the strongest to start with.

cheers zyg