ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to recondition williams wheels

clio williams, Ph1 172

Started this earlier, gettin the tyres taken of tomorrow so i can do it better,

The wheels were pretty corroded, where i took of the paint they were peeling.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1056495625__wheel1.jpg

Will post more pics when i can. Painted 1 with primer and given it a base coat, but paints not gone on too nice so gotta rub it all down again :(

Its not easy at all. Know why they charge so much to do it now. Will get it sorted in the end though im sure.

Then I used a sanding drill attachment to smooth em down and get rid of any oxudation.

Take it down to the bare alloy.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1056495984__wheels2.jpg

clio williams, Ph1 172

This was one of the worse wheels id say too. the wheel was ok but there was quite a bit of oxidation. I have taken my time and got every bit off so it wont come through again. Got a throbbin headache too now :(

clio williams, Ph1 172

I know the tyres gold lol. thought it looked nice hehe. Na its f**ked, will be taken off the rim tomorrow. Think I can get the polished rim affect by using a tool to take the paint off the rim and then lacquering over the bare metal.

TT 225

That does look a bloody good match actually. Was thinking about doing my wheels too - and I think you just persuaded me :D Cant wait to see your finished results :D

clio williams, Ph1 172

well that pic is one before any lacquer was put on. They looked quite bright but the lacquer dulls it a bit.

that wheel was in a right mess, did the worse first. its not an easy job, takes f**kin ages.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Good work fella, so the solar gold looks like the right match then, cant remember who told me off here but cheers! think ill bring mine round and you can do them as well mate. ill buy you a pint! ;)

clio williams, Ph1 172

Hehe. I think yours would be easy mate. These rims were a fair old mess. 2 of em were worse than your worse one id say.

Was gonna wait and we could do both sets together. But I got a bit carried away last night. Im far from finished yet though. Only done 1 partially at the min.

Ill do yours mate if you get the tyres take off and get me the stuff. will take me hours though.

RenaultSport clio v6 255

twas me with the solar gold thread, that comes from buying most of the golds on halfords and trying them out first - gotta do the research - looks mint though - good work paul16v

clio williams, Ph1 172

I dunno if the match is spot on, when i compared with one of the unpainted it was a fair bit different. COuld be that the oold ones were faded tho.