ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How tricky is fibreglass

Thinking of making my own skirts/bumpers? Anyone had much experience with it. i.e. making moulds etc..

Cheers
Charlie

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Do you want to make them from scratch?? If so, its one of those jobs where if you have to ask on here how to do it, then its not really something you want to be attempting on your own IMO.

my brother made the front of his robin reliant out of fiberglass!! haha well funny, he hit a bump, it scraped the floor slightly and split up into lots of bits!

youd porbably be better to buy a kit from any car that you like and adapting it, i wouldnt use fibre glass onto standard plastic bumpers, because its very difficult to get them to bond properly, but if your feeling brave go for it!!

Unless youre really determined I wouldnt bother. I made some race car bodywork a while ago and I found out how difficult it is. You have to get the mould ridiculously smooth to get a good finish, and then sometimes you end up with light patches where you can almost see through it. Doh!