ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How wonderful are clios?

BMW 535D
my car's pissed me off a bit this week lol

driving to work the other day on the motorway @ 80mph, the sun was in my eyes slightly, so i pulled down my sun visor in the usual fashion and it fookin fell off!! obscuring my view for a brief moment! Managed to bodge it til i got to work anyway.

When i came back to my car a few hours later, big puddle of water underneath the front bumper and strangely enough i have no washer fluid left in the tank, think i've got a cracked water bottle or something grrrrrrrr

this shouldn't be happening on an 04 reg car right??

still love it tho :)

Silver 172 Ph1
Re: how shite are clio's!

Gotta love them french built cars. Mines fell apart in the last month so I feel your pain!

Silver 172 Ph1

Im going for a Lotus! Keeping the clio as a runabout (but its doing more of a limp atm)

Bora TDI - (ex172)

my 172 never fell apart and with 62K on the clock, I even had no rattles....BUT....I just couldn't stand the tinny feel to it and the crap plastics used inside.

I had to get a diesel for work and looked through all the Reanults witin budget, Clio, Laguna and Megane. In the end I dedided they were all crap in terms of build qulaity so I went for an X reg Bora TDI. Not the best but its 10x better built and solid as a rock. 3 years older than my Clio, although with the same miles and the same price.

Leon Cupra R 225

Good choice ^ I have a matter of months before I start looking for a MK4 R32, yay :)

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Re: how s**te are clio's!

heh, my car wouldn't start before. 1 new 20p spade clip for ther starter motor, a crimper and some eleccy tape and its fixed again. love french build quality :D

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!

my wheel fell off my mini whilst i was driving it.
clios are well built im comparison!

Clio DCi 65

Aint seen my clio for the last month

the time i had it before that it had been in the garage for a fortnight,

excellent reliablility!

Megane Mk4
chris_m182 said:
When i came back to my car a few hours later, big puddle of water underneath the front bumper and strangely enough i have no washer fluid left in the tank.

Didn't happen to be the passenger side did it by chance?
Might be the ball in the washer jet in the xenon light on the bumper, simple way to tell.
Fill your water tank up again, switch you xenons on.use your jet wash for abut 4 seconds and then get out and go to the front and have a look for any water.

If it is coming out of the washer jet, take it back to renault, it's covered under the warranty.

Mine did it and mines a 05 plate, water was running out of the washer jet at the front, got it looked at and got it replaced. ;)

Mine handles alot better compared to my others car's I've had. The interior trim falls off every now and then though, scares the crap out of me sometimes

RS RIP
I'm in love with mine, but i'm a novice Reno driver so no experience with any of the problems mentioned here.

Just had my car done with ITG panel, orbisoud sportcat with Ktec system front to back in comb with group N ecu , this all last week so this is probably why i feel sooooo good :)

ask me again in a couple of months and maybe i'll have a list of s**t problems, mine is a 2003 with 83,000 kilometers:eek: so i can expect things to get started when aging....hope not

meanwhile clio is awesome

Last edited:
  Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I love my Clio to bits. Ive had 4 Renaults now and I absolutely love them. I know they aren't exactly the best built cars in the world, but they are extremely good fun to drive. When the time eventually comes to sell mine, I will definitely be looking out for another one. :D

RenaultSport Clio Trophy
I love my Trophy! No problems whatsoever with it. It's over a year old and done 24K.

I'm never getting rid of it! and I would always consider RenaultSports cars first. Maybe that's because I'm French!;)

Tangoed Works
Im on 28k in the space of 1yr 5 mths and love every second, even when driving slowly. Everyone loves it as well and cant believe how quick it really is!

RenaultSport Clio 172
I love my 172, it's the most fun car I've ever driven. The only thing I can't get used to are the interior rattles.

RS Megane DCi 175
I love(d) my Clio too - even more so as it's my first car!
But I have grown tired of it quite a bit recently hence me selling up and moving on to a different manufacturer now - plus I think it's time I grew up a little and got something a bit newer/quicker!

Clio 172 Full Fat 02
its the quirks that make them awesome. i love clios had 3 now and think they're quality, much better than no personality golfs thats for sure!

M

Mark E-J

my first car was a clio 1.2 oasis L reg car never let me down the whole time i had it

now i got my valver i have replaced lots of stuff mainly my choice not through them having to be done

in my book prevention is better than cure but i only spend money on a car i intend on keeping long term so with the valver i dont mind

Mine handles alot better compared to my others car's I've had. The interior trim falls off every now and then though, scares the crap out of me sometimes

The extreme 3 is a wonderful car, with awesome orange barcoding everywhere, which i love. The only rattle on mine is the sunroof, oh and the dash, oh and the steering column plastic surround thing.
But apart from that its total luxury. lol. Clios are just sooo cute.

133/225/CLS AMG
The Clios are cheap to buy but they are cheaply made. Having said that I did 15k in my Clio by the time I sold it and it was fine, no rattles or anything.

The missus 182 is on an 05 plate with 9500 miles and is going strong as well.

Seems to be luck of the drawer with Renault build quality.

D

Dani

I love my Renault - I've only had it 2 weeks.

So far - the temperature guage is throwing a wobbler and only works when it wants, the number plate light is steamed up, the exhaust emissions light has come on, the lamber sensor has now been changed as has the bulb in the dash, the power steer hose thingy has a leak and theres oil leaking from the studs on the rocker cover.

I still love it though!!

BMW 535D
chris_m182 said:
When i came back to my car a few hours later, big puddle of water underneath the front bumper and strangely enough i have no washer fluid left in the tank.

Didn't happen to be the passenger side did it by chance?
Might be the ball in the washer jet in the xenon light on the bumper, simple way to tell.
Fill your water tank up again, switch you xenons on.use your jet wash for abut 4 seconds and then get out and go to the front and have a look for any water.

If it is coming out of the washer jet, take it back to renault, it's covered under the warranty.

Mine did it and mines a 05 plate, water was running out of the washer jet at the front, got it looked at and got it replaced. ;)

yeh thats it exactly mate!! think i'll be paying renault a visit tomorrow!!

172cup
I had an Alfa Romeo Spider b4 172. Never again had it two months before trading it. Week before trade exhaust fell off, mpg went through the floor and then while driving turned itself off! On day of trade, someone went into back of me and then alarm started to play up, cd stopped working and plastice trim and door handle fell off!

The clio is a rock compared to that 'thing'! Even though I have a wee squeak at the mo coming from under clio, cant figure for the life of me what it is!