ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

.htaccess - Joomla and error 500

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ill try to make this short.

got brand new hosting, downloaded joomla from their web site and uploaded to ftp.

I am unable to do anything as all I get is this error - www.purehighways.co.uk

although joomla forum has been helpful they have not managed to solve the issue and my host isn't interested.

anyone able to offer any help? its not a problem ive come across before and I'm really stuck

TTRS & V50
Should have used WordPess :wink:

Usually Joomla will auto generate the .htaccess file depending on your site settings, so it isn't something your host will help out with.

Have you tried renaming the .htaccess file to .htaccess.txt? Seeing if this clears the error?

Have you moved the site/install from the root to a folder or vice versa?

Try looking at all the logs you have access to as something maybe being logged to there.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Should have used WordPess :wink:

Usually Joomla will auto generate the .htaccess file depending on your site settings, so it isn't something your host will help out with.

Have you tried renaming the .htaccess file to .htaccess.txt? Seeing if this clears the error?

Have you moved the site/install from the root to a folder or vice versa?

Try looking at all the logs you have access to as something maybe being logged to there.
ive always used joomla and never had a problem, its all I know sadly :(

tried the renaming and it does nothing

ive just copied the joomla files direct to public_html

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like a permissions error . Check 755 perms on the following :

1. index.php
2. administrator/index.php and administrator/index2.php