ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Htc one

Polo + Micra
i've had mine for over a week now

still sort of getting used to it and the extra speed is nice (over an overclocked sensation)

loving the screen

was all going good until i dropped it earlier:(

Changes to often
I have one, very good phone well worth it, sound and screen quality is immense

I had a play around with one of these and an Xperia z in carphone warehouse earlier. Ive settled on getting the HTC as its a bit more comfortable to hold i found although both are really nice. They completely dwarf my iphone in comparison.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'm pretty much sold on the S4 but am holding out until the Note3 is launched (hoping for August).

Honestly though, how's the battery life on the One?

Look great on the reviews, better than the S4 for build quality at least. Will get one if I can convince my dad to renew his contract with work.

I got this, Great phone i've only ever had one problem and that was after an update it killed the battery, had to charge it again for 10+ hours lol
Im on a contract with 3, think i've got 5000 texts, 300mins and unlimited internet for about £30 or very close.
First time i have had a internet enabled phone, so went through 10+GB in the first month

Last edited:
  FF RB 182
Got one too, very impressed with the speaker quality and is alot faster than my sensation only had it 2 days so still playing around with it.

Mito Sportiva 135
I am thinking of getting one of these over the S4 now - not quite as good specs but all the features are more practical (e.g. I will actually use them rather than just showing off with them), case looks more premium and slightly better VFM too.

I am thinking of getting one of these over the S4 now - not quite as good specs but all the features are more practical (e.g. I will actually use them rather than just showing off with them), case looks more premium and slightly better VFM too.

Do it :cool:

Mito Sportiva 135
Got one! Bloody great phone. Handset was free but I'm paying £36 a month on EE for 900 minutes, 1gb data and unlimited texts. Seem like an OK deal??

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Its still the historic HTC battery issues that make me worry about choosing this over the S4... They've been consistently s**t for years

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Its still the historic HTC battery issues that make me worry about choosing this over the S4... They've been consistently s**t for years

my Desire and Sensation XE were both great on the factory software. They ruined the Sensation with the jump from 2.3.4 to 4.0.2 3G searching is what kills them, they don't seem able to just sleep if there's no signal.

BMW M135i
I've had no problems, slightly better than my previous iPhone 4. Can make 2/2.5 days without too much hassle i'd say thats with average use.

Mito Sportiva 135
Have to say the battery so far is pretty decent - lasting 1.5 days with constant messing around. I expect once I stop playing with it so much it could last 2 days. My S2 only lasted from 8am to about 8pm with less use so it's much better than that. I charge every night anyway so as long as it lasts a day I'm not bothered - and this definitely does.

Clio 197
So a worthy replacement for an iPhone 4? My contract is up very soon , I basically want a good camera and not much more , Internet etc is pretty similar between smartphones so that's not an issue.

Clio MK2 1.2 16v
I've currently got the S3 but I refuse to go for the S4 because there's not much different and they've stuck to that plastic design. I want a phone that doesn't feel cheap next. I was considering the HTC One but my brother used to constantly complain saying HTC would promise an update on X date but it never turned up.

Has any had the S3 and then upgraded to the HTC One, would you recommend to?

So a worthy replacement for an iPhone 4? My contract is up very soon , I basically want a good camera and not much more , Internet etc is pretty similar between smartphones so that's not an issue.

If say it's a slight improvement but I would check the reviews and compare them for yourself

if anyone is in the market for a nearly new unlocked silver one im open to offers on mine i still cant get used to the size of it :(

Mito Sportiva 135
One is cheaper than the S4...I preferred the One over the S4 (slightly smaller, great sound and better build quality) although I was expecting to get the S4.

f**ked my speaker up already knew I should of got the Sony z.

How did you manage that?

Had mine nearly a month now and really liking it. Didn't think it would be as easy to switch from an iphone as it was so happy days :cool:

On a side note does anyone know where a photo goes if you save it to "private"?

FF RB 182
Just from my working environment i'm guessing very dusty all the time and iron filings etc, had to get a pin other day because half of the bottom speakers were filled with clay, now the speakers are slightly distorted.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
They ruined the Sensation with the jump from 2.3.4 to 4.0.2 3G searching is what kills them, they don't seem able to just sleep if there's no signal.

This ^

One of my main gripes with my Sensation XE was when I'm at work with poor data signal the battery gets r@ped, even if it is just sat on my desk not being used, at home over the weekend with a good signal no problem.

Just annoying TBH.

Racing Blue 182
Getting mine today, cannot wait! On EE, Unlimited mins, Unlimited texts and 1GB of data, free handset for £24pm :)

Is everyone still enjoying theirs? I hope I made the right choice over the S4, it just feels so cheap and like its going to break and your hand (the S4 that is)!

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
Really pleased with mine, battery lasts me almost 2 days with moderate use which is a big improvement over my Desire HD. The speakers are really impressive on it as well. I just hope HTC keep on top of updates, not holding my breath though. I plan to chop it in after a year though so should get some updates at least. I didn't even consider an S4 as I've always stuck with HTC's because they tend to use a lot of metal in thier flagship phones, Samsungs are too plastic.