ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hunting+clutch problems

Clio 172 Cup
Hi everyone, ive got a strange issue with my clio, its a 172 cup and for the past 5 or so months its been intermittently hunting. It only happens on a cold start, but not all the time,which is a real pain when trying to diagnose whats causing it. Basically what happens is ill pull off in first and straight away i can feel that the car is hunting for power on its own, it doesnt do it on idle but just when im driving it. My foot stays perfectly steady in 1st or 2nd etc. and the car will slow down and accellerate on its own, almost feels like there is a blockage somewhere. A few times when ive been in 2nd gear, ill be plodding along at about 2k revs and ill take my foot of the throttle and the car will keep going almost like cruise control. Now, the garage ive been taking it to has done a load of work on it to try and fix it, but no luck as of yet. First they tried a new accel pedal which didnt fix it, then they tried a wiring loom mod to the accel pedal which hasnt fixed it. Then more recently they replaced the throttle body which hasnt fixed it. They basically replaced them because a fault code with the accel pedal kept coming up. Also with the clutch, i'm not sure if there is a problem or that its just because its un-naturally heavy. But 1st gear is a nightmare. The clutch goes down fine, but on the way back up to get the biting point, there is a point where it stops and becomes very stiff, ready to spring back and when it does this its almost impossible to make a smooth pull off.

If anyone has any suggestions on what the problem(s) might be i would really appreciate it as the car is a nightmare to drive atm.