ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i am melting

20160823_131012.jpg

God damn Cup's !

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Move to Scotland. So far I've regretted it twice. Once when it was genuinely hot and once when the sun was beating into the car on the motorway and the wife and child didn't want the Windows all the way down.

phase 1 flamer 172
First time ive really given it a second thought in 5 years, and as stated once the windows were open.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Was 33 degrees in my car when I left work this afternoon. Climate soon saw to that. Just a shame I don't have it in the house!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Thoroughly enjoyed my heated seats this morning, and my climate control this evening on the way home. HTH

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'll never go back to no AC unless it's a proper functioning and competitive race car that's actually used for racing.

I see absolutely no point otherwise.

I love aircon, where I'm stood right now it's 36C, feels like 41C, and humidity is in the 80s. It's life saving tbqfh.

GTD, Lupo
I have just come back from American and the temperature was 44-46 degrees most days. The AC decided not to work on the car we hired and it was very close to being dangerous. I don't know how people live without it.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I had no choice but to rip mine out, the alternator bracket came loose and smashed the pipes to bits, the whole lot was binned and cup setup installed for an extra 0.2 bhp, but when your work has no aircon and your house has no aircon, getting in a car with no aircon is hardly here nor there, at least I can have a 30mph breeze coming through the window unlike everywhere else.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I had no choice but to rip mine out, the alternator bracket came loose and smashed the pipes to bits, the whole lot was binned and cup setup installed for an extra 0.2 bhp, but when your work has no aircon and your house has no aircon, getting in a car with no aircon is hardly here nor there, at least I can have a 30mph breeze coming through the window unlike everywhere else.

If down there is anything like up here, the breeze will be hot as f**k.

I'm getting my air con sorted tomorrow. It's been alright but not as cold as it could be. I need to be genuinely freezing with it on to offset the face melting temperature outside.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I'll never go back to no AC unless it's a proper functioning and competitive race car that's actually used for racing.

I see absolutely no point otherwise.

I love aircon, where I'm stood right now it's 36C, feels like 41C, and humidity is in the 80s. It's life saving tbqfh.

The extra 80bhp and 70lb ft I got made it a difficult decision.

In the end, the air con lost. Just. 😂

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Amen.

But what about that 8kg weight saving and those hella BHP gains???

What BHP gains?

Turn the aircon off, the clutch disengages and removes the load anyway. 0bhp gain.

It does entertain me greatly when people with fairly stock cars delete the aircon. Particularly when they have several KG's worth of K-tec boot-and-bit-where-the-rear-seats-were mat sat there. Or have the roof lining and lump of tar behind it present. Or even the spare wheel.

Supercharger is no excuse Cub :tonguewink: There was a kit floating about years back that let you have both by locating the 'blower on the gearbox end of the engine with an intermediate shaft IIRC. I'll let you off though because a) it never reached production and b) I hate to think what it cost.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
What BHP gains?

Turn the aircon off, the clutch disengages and removes the load anyway. 0bhp gain.

It does entertain me greatly when people with fairly stock cars delete the aircon. Particularly when they have several KG's worth of K-tec boot-and-bit-where-the-rear-seats-were mat sat there. Or have the roof lining and lump of tar behind it present. Or even the spare wheel.

Supercharger is no excuse Cub :tonguewink: There was a kit floating about years back that let you have both by locating the 'blower on the gearbox end of the engine with an intermediate shaft IIRC. I'll let you off though because a) it never reached production and b) I hate to think what it cost.
The pipes on mine were smashed to pieces, so it was either rip it out and go cup setup for free, or buy new pipes and pay to have it regassed, the free option won.