ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I believe I may have just fooked my car!

S2 106 GTI
Went to change the numberplate bulb thurs ngt as one had gone... Went to pull it out and manage to short it with the pilers, which blew the other and a sidelight.

Came fri morning to set off to work all the lights on dash were on

ABS
Traction control
STOP
The spanner for a service
and 'BRAKE FAIL' on the screen

1st thoughts were... S**T, just set off down the road and the brakes were fine but the PAS isn't working???

Got to work and went to push the start/stop.... nothing! after about 15sec its turns it self off...

I got looking on the megane forum and a few people have had the same fault due to a fuse going. I check all the fuse's find one gone. Changed it but everything back together and hey not fixed!

Has anyone got any ideas....... a few people who have had the same fault simply change the fuse and its all working again!

Jap Box
Went to change the numberplate bulb thurs ngt as one had gone... Went to pull it out and manage to short it with the pilers, which blew the other and a sidelight.

Came fri morning to set off to work all the lights on dash were on

ABS
Traction control
STOP
The spanner for a service
and 'BRAKE FAIL' on the screen

1st thoughts were... S**T, just set off down the road and the brakes were fine but the PAS isn't working???

Got to work and went to push the start/stop.... nothing! after about 15sec its turns it self off...

I got looking on the megane forum and a few people have had the same fault due to a fuse going. I check all the fuse's find one gone. Changed it but everything back together and hey not fixed!

Has anyone got any ideas....... a few people who have had the same fault simply change the fuse and its all working again!

Exact same thing happened to mine, I had to change the fuse and simply put a new bulb in the rear plate light holder, without the light it was again blowing the fuse for some reason.

S2 106 GTI
Haven't a clue what it could be?? so the dreaded phone call to renault on monday will be happening!

Jap Box
Haven't a clue what it could be?? so the dreaded phone call to renault on monday will be happening!

I sprayed a load of WD40 in the plug socket and the light connectors before plugging it back in and putting the bulb back if that helps at all?

Not sure how it would cause it the other faults you have though unless its blown another fuse/ a relay has come out. Did you check all the fuses in the engine bay and see if a relay has simply popped out under the passenger side?

S2 106 GTI
Checked all the fuse's on sunday.... everyone of them was fine! so I haven't a clue.... a mate came round and tested each fuse and he gave me the thumbs up so I am baffled!

Jap Box
Could it just be an odd coincidence that the PAS went just after this fuse? Gone to renault for a diagnositc check?

MK3 1.5 dci
Done the exact same thing on saturday, there was a 10amp fuse blown that took out all the lights down the left hand side. Took me ages to find it, Renault in their wisdom decided that under the battery is a good place that is easily accessible to replace a fuse. tho the PSA does sound odd.