ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I bought a 1993 16v

fixedgear

ClioSport Club Member
I looked at the grey one a week a go, with a little over £3k in my pocket (we had spoke a lot about the car and agreed a price) it had a few minor issues when i looked at it but the worst was it felt really slow, didnt have a 5k kick and just didnt pull anywhere near as hard as i expected (he said he had done the belts with the proper tools) that being said if it wasn't for the bucket seat feeling to tight for me i would still have bought it.

This one feels slow as hell to be honest... Would have been 'relatively' quick 13 years ago

182 cup
Was bidding on the grey 16v it's been pulled from sale today standard ebay messing if it's not the buyer messin it's the seller

He might have sold it, it was well priced considering the work done to it.

@punk_rallye the thing is after driving it i then went home and took out my completely standard cup and it felt much much quicker.

fixedgear

ClioSport Club Member
She had a good going over by the guys at Detail Village today. Fully protected and dressed for it's next outing at the Boosted UK Cars & Coffee meet on the 19th

2016-06-08 14.01.14.jpg
2016-06-08 15.21.53.jpg
2016-06-08 15.22.03.jpg
2016-06-08 15.22.42.jpg
2016-06-08 15.23.00.jpg
2016-06-08 15.25.23.jpg

172 cup, 205 GTi
Love a Mk1, sent my Tungsten grey ph1 to Hill Power and it came back with 187bhp at the wheels! Absolutely rapid, sold it for £3,000 8 years ago! It sickens me to think what it would fetch now! Full of character and a piece of piss to work on.
Keep it! If I didn't have a 205 in the garage, I would be tempted though. Getting extremely rare, very cool

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
A healthy one still shouldn't be massively off a cup pace wise.

Having owned a brand new white valver in 95 and a brand new cup in 03 I can confirm the cup is a much quicker car, however I had the valver for 5yes and I loved it, looked fantastic and was a great car, the Williams I had was better though.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Pics of the brand new white valver?

Car looks great. Love Monaco blue.

Just my 2p worth on performance; sadly now, 11 years ago I had my first williams with a few mods, later a standard 172 (did strip it) and a 182 Trophy after that, which had breathing mods. The quickest was the 182, but there wasn't a whole lot in them all. Clearly a Williams isn't a valver, but there shouldn't be too(ooo) much difference between a cup and 16v, if all healthy and on a like for like (modification) basis.

To be clear, I would expect a 172 cup to quicker, but not by miles. What makes it more difficult these days is that a healthy F7R/P engine is probably few and far between, so it is very hard to compare. If you looked at some old 1/4 times, I think some would be surprised on how close they (all) are and what the "real world" difference is.

Last edited: