ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I dislike Pheasants....

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
The fat fucker done this!

7eveguha.jpg

Got a new bonnet for £60 and getting it painted for free so not too bad at all really.

Was kinda funny seeing it getting bounced about 40ft in the air when I hit it.
I was more worried about my cup splitter I had just fitted.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Yeah can't complain about price of repairing it.

Haha I know, it certainly left its mark before it died.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Does not surprise me... Hit one at 70mph in my old DCI, smashed the front bumper and ripped the under tray off before firing out the back of the car in to the windscreen of a Mondeo following me.

Stupid birds, what I imagine the dodo must have been like.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Does not surprise me... Hit one at 70mph in my old DCI, smashed the front bumper and ripped the under tray off before firing out the back of the car in to the windscreen of a Mondeo following me.

Stupid birds, what I imagine the dodo must have been like.

Not sure what speed I was doing, think it was around 80.

I'm glad it started to fly and didn't just keep walking would of ruined my bumper if not headlights etc.

Mec 350 slk manual
That's lucky it hit the bonnet and not the window screen by the look of the dent it made

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Should of had the last laugh and took the f*cker home, cooked it and had it for dinner.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Not sure what speed I was doing, think it was around 80.

I'm glad it started to fly and didn't just keep walking would of ruined my bumper if not headlights etc.

Shame really :rasp:

Its more of a shed these days keep the bonnet it goes with the rest ;)

xx

BG182FF
pidgeons are just as bad! Was late for work and en route in my old 106 gti, must have been touching on 90mph and it flew into my path, hit smack in the middle of the windscreen where the rear view mirror sits.

I ducked! was half expecting to see it in the passenger seat..needless to say it trashed my windscreen. I think i'd rather have been late for work that day :banghead:

172 cup
Nearly hit one on way down to 519, loads round there also had to negotiate the traveller on his horse and cart thing tht they race with lol.

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Hit a pheasant last year but thankfully it hit my protruding tow bow head on and went under the car, it did destroy my carbon splitter, arch cover and undertray though!

Ouch. A few years back, one took out my hilux nearside wingmirror.

Wing mirror? Sure that wasn't an ostridge ;)

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Could of been worse I guess.

My mate hit a deer in his brand new car few years back did £3k worth of damage.

My dad rolled a classic mini when he hit a deer too lol.

Looking....
A pheasant took out the aero bumper on the Mrs mini a few years back. Don't help we live next to a breading farm, they are every where. I remember being in a mates xr2 once and hitting a badger at 60mph, felt like the car was going to roll and don't think i will ever forget the smell!

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
A Mate was driving at 60 in his 77' Leyland Mini (Still with toughened glass) pheasant came through the windscreen hit him in the face and landed in the back seat.

I asked if he was okay.

Then i laughed.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Nearly hit one on way down to 519, loads round there also had to negotiate the traveller on his horse and cart thing tht they race with lol.

They breed them on the farm. Hundreds of the things get released in late summer. They're in season at the moment so they're mostly hiding. As soon as they're less likely to be shot, they sit right in the road. Idiot creatures.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Exactly the same thing happened to my Corsa D. Going about 70mph up the A1 as it decided to fly across. Wasn't going to swerve or brake for that!

On the way back I couldn't count to ten without seeing dead one along the central reservation. Poor placing by the shoot imo.

Still need to get a new bonnet....

172 cup
They breed them on the farm. Hundreds of the things get released in late summer. They're in season at the moment so they're mostly hiding. As soon as they're less likely to be shot, they sit right in the road. Idiot creatures.

Yes i must've seen twenty, funny cos dont get alot round here and had momentary forgot what it was called. ffs big bird were my words.

172 cup
And i bet the badger got up, laughed, and scuttled off. Hitting one of those is like driving over a brick

No it was definately dead, pretty sure he said his mate behind in a williams run over its head as they left lol.

I know it did alot of damage!

1.2 16v
Christ, good effort!

Only ever seen a pheasant once, doing the "country roads" driving lesson, just clipped the bottom of it as it flew past, safe to say I s**t myself.