ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I love my new 182. But need help already.

Clio 182
Hello to you all. I have been a member on here for a while and thought id say hi. I treated myself to a 55 plate 182 in black. It's unmodified and in great condition and I love it. Going to start some subtle mods ASAP.
BUT...... when warm the middle section of the exhaust is rattling and it's stupidly loud. Could any of you suggest what it may be . The car is under warranty but if it's a quick fix I'll have a go myself.
Appreciate any help.
Thanks
Chris

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Could be something as simple as the heat shield touching.

Jack the car up and support on stands, crawl underneath and check for tight clearances.

Lotus Elise
Hello to you all. I have been a member on here for a while and thought id say hi. I treated myself to a 55 plate 182 in black. It's unmodified and in great condition and I love it. Going to start some subtle mods ASAP.
BUT...... when warm the middle section of the exhaust is rattling and it's stupidly loud. Could any of you suggest what it may be . The car is under warranty but if it's a quick fix I'll have a go myself.
Appreciate any help.
Thanks
Chris

Standard exhaust?

If so, check the centre section for an internal rattle and also check the clamp hasnt moved and is knocking the heat shield.

Clio 182
Thanks for the quick replys.
Yeah its standard. The noise seems to be coming from the middle where the bracket is. It seems to be blowing too.

Clio 182
This bracket is where the noise comes from. If I put pressure on it the noise stops. Its bloody loud.
edumahu6.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Easy fix mate - mine rattled like a b**ch. You can get the replacement clamp easily enough from Renault and it's not a great deal of wedge.

Didn't even need to jack my car up - just literally got the drivers' side up on the kerb and slid underneath. There's a good chance the bolts holding the clamp in place are corroded to hell, so make sure you have a hack-saw blade to hand that's meant for cutting metal.

D.

Clio 182
u7ybesyg.jpg

evema8u2.jpg

qyderage.jpg

A few pics of the 182.
Love it to bits. Puts a massive smile in my face every time I drive it.
Are there many of you from the York area on here?

Clio 182
Brackets being replaced under warranty today. Yay.
Stuck without it all day though and would of loved a blast on the dry roads! !!!!! Grr

FF Black 182
Am from malton so not to far from york. Think there is a few of us knocking around ar neck of the woods.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
It's not a cup mate. Cups only came in inferno and rb on the 182s. You've got cup spiller and wheels so looks like ff but check the front hub bolt spacing to be certain. Non cup is 54mm and cup/cup packed is 60mm.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
If it is the exhaust dont buy a patent part-

Renault will supply one for £120 ish or buy an aftermarket cat back system

S

Clio 182
If it is the exhaust dont buy a patent part-

Renault will supply one for £120 ish or buy an aftermarket cat back system

S

Cheers for the advice.
Turns out it was the brackets at the rear and centre that needed replacing. What sort of cost and power increase would I get from a performance exhaust?

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Cheers for the advice.
Turns out it was the brackets at the rear and centre that needed replacing. What sort of cost and power increase would I get from a performance exhaust?

Zero power but 'may' slightly free up the revs a little. Main benefits it won't rot and fall off in five minutes (will last the life of the car) better noise and looks. Oh and more or less cheaper than genuine renualt too. My advice would be pay your forum membership and get in the for sale section and buy a good used stainless system.

cheers
chris

Nothing really just a nice exhaust note.

I noticed nothing after my exhaust, the sound makes it feel quicker though.