ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I-pad mini deals?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Over some breakfast this morning, my business partner and I discussed getting an ipad for me up at the valeters so I can look at/buy cars. Come 10am the mongo has gone and ordered 3 i-pad mini's for all of us at work.

Each ipad is 4g, unlimited use, £26 per month for 12 months. (I know nothing about this as you can probably tell)

Has he done ok or do I need to cancel it in the morning and go elsewhere?

/daniellivingeachstepofhislifeviacs.net

Seat Leon Cupra 290
How much were the iPads themselves? If free then that is an amazing deal, but i would hazard a guess they weren't.

Should have got the one with a decent screen. Ergo not the pikey compromise Mini. Everyone knows they were a stop-gap product. Even those in denial.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
As above, surely an iPad mini is in the region of £312,

DB.

BMW 440i
Certainly not worth the money in terms of what you will get out of them from a business point of view. My cousins business also trialled them for a similar reason, and it was only worth the one of them having it tbh rather than the 7 they purchased for.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
How much were the iPads themselves? If free then that is an amazing deal, but i would hazard a guess they weren't.

They were free, the only charge is the £26 per month per ipad.

Should have got the one with a decent screen. Ergo not the pikey compromise Mini. Everyone knows they were a stop-gap product. Even those in denial.

I don't need a decent screen, I just need something a bit bigger than a phone as trying to buy cars on a phone is an utter ballache.

All I want to know is weather the deal he's got is any good.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Certainly not worth the money in terms of what you will get out of them from a business point of view. My cousins business also trialled them for a similar reason, and it was only worth the one of them having it tbh rather than the 7 they purchased for.

Not worth the money?? :S

I need to earn £26 extra per month to cover my ipad. Seeing as my overheads alone are £12,000 a month, it shouldn't be that difficult.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
To me that sounds like a good deal, is it an addition to an existing business tariff?

No mate, they wanted to tag it onto the phone deal but they couldn't for some reason or another so have started a new 12m contract.

(We're with orange but go through a local broker type place)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I wouldn't say that's an issue, are the iPad's on a business tariff too? It just seems a very good deal TBH, which was why I assumed the good price came from you being on a fairly decent business tariff already, but then starting a new one can have the same benefits.

Are you SURE there's no additional charge for the iPad's themselves?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The company we deal with only deal with businesses. I could ask them tomorrow if you want? (They're in between work and greggs, so I go past quite a lot)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'd say he's lying to you TBH. :D

For a quick example, 64GB celular iPad mini on carphonewarehouse is £35.99 a month, £99 for the iPad and 8GB of data usage over 24 months

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Why would he lie?? We both have to sign cheques so unless he's planning on paying £297 (assuming they're £99ea) out of his own pocket just so I don't find out, I can see no reason why he would?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I was more on the wind up with the lying comment ginger b****cks, but something's not quite cricket, you must see what I mean looking a the figures above?

Business deals are normally supplemented, but in my experience not that heavily.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I can't grasp humour on the internet you bender. Sorry.

I've only spoken briefly on the phone to him today as i've been busy, i'll speak to him tomorrow morning and text you.

As above, I'd be wary of a deal that good, but if there's nothing hidden you can see, bite his arm off and take 10 (sell 9 - not really, who could be arsed with that) as it sounds like a genuinely good deal!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
He's been supplying us with phones for the last 6 years, i've no reason not to trust him.

DB.

BMW 440i
Not worth the money?? :S

I need to earn £26 extra per month to cover my ipad. Seeing as my overheads alone are £12,000 a month, it shouldn't be that difficult.

Im only talking from a cost vs return point of view, when my cousin used it in a company with a fairly large annual profit, they didn't add any return other than giving the people who owned them an iPad, as they did similar things from their business iPhones. Every business is different though.

DB.

BMW 440i
Do you get to keep them at the end of the 12 months, deal seems fantastic if so and legit

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I don't know actually. I really need to do some homework tomorrow! Lol

AK

M240i
The 16GB cellular model iPad mini is £369 from Apple with no contract IIRC, so the fact you can get one for £312 over a year inc of Internet (assuming you are allowed to keep it afterwards) then yes, it's a good deal.

Can you get me one ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
There wasn't a price for a 16GB cellular version on CPWH, only a 64, so my prices may be a little steep.

Even if it's a "hire" deal, it's well worth it really.

We now hire our iPhone 5's and it works out great.

And DB, get your old username back, that one sucks so bad.

FF Clio 182
For what your using them for you probably better of buying just one and see if you need more to start with, then go from there. I wouldn't bother with a super high spec one if all you plan on doing is surfing the web and if you using it to look at cars to buy why can't you just get a wifi one and use it on work wifi?

AK

M240i
For what your using them for you probably better of buying just one and see if you need more to start with, then go from there. I wouldn't bother with a super high spec one if all you plan on doing is surfing the web and if you using it to look at cars to buy why can't you just get a wifi one and use it on work wifi?

Assuming the rest works out, it's an extra £43 over a year for an unlimited 4G, that's much more useful than just a WiFi version.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
f**king £12000 a month overheads?? Serious? Place the size of a small town?

No it's tiny. Holds 40 cars comfortably, 50 cars max.

My friend owns a car supermarket and his vale ting bill alone is £10,000 a month.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
People are probably forgetting Daniel's price won't include VAT, but even then it only becomes £31.20.

My guess is its a very low usage but you can keep the iPad at the end. Or it's very high usage with iPad return after 12 months.

Rav4
Seems like a good deal to me, surprises me it's a 12 month contract.

How are you getting on with them?

Just got a 16GB 3G version in black, but worried about it chipping as per all the reviews online.

Megane 250
Vodafone offered me an iPad mini free for £26 a month, I went for the iPad 4 which was free and £31 a month.
Even before this deal they were £50 up front with £26 a month.

Not a bad deal tbh.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Vodafone offered me an iPad mini free for £26 a month, I went for the iPad 4 which was free and £31 a month.
Even before this deal they were £50 up front with £26 a month.

Not a bad deal tbh.

£31 x 24?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Yeah I got it because i wanted the 3G without having to tether all the time. Not as cheap as buying outright I know lol

No lol, is it a 16GB?

£744 is an awful lot of dollar for a £500 iPad.

What plan are you on?