ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I Want An iPad Mini...

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
With Retina Display, 16gb wifi + 4g

1) Any secret deals out there?
2) Whats the best sim only deal with the best coverage?

Any hints and tips would be awesome.

Cheers.

Arctic 182
I can't offer any hints & tips mate but I love my one! My mrs has the big one & IMO it's too big & bulky (although the newer ones are lighter). The mini is a perfect size. It's the wifi only one so used at home for YouTube, forums & browsing. You won't regret it!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I can't offer any hints & tips mate but I love my one! My mrs has the big one & IMO it's too big & bulky (although the newer ones are lighter). The mini is a perfect size. It's the wifi only one so used at home for YouTube, forums & browsing. You won't regret it!

Snap.

My missus has the retina one and its so heavy compared to my mini.

ST
John Lewis were doing non retina mini's before Xmas for 219£, i got the misses one for a little extra pressie, she loves it.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Out of interest, sorry for the thread hyjack - It is relevant, I have an iPad 2, one of the big ones, and I have the one where you can put a sim in it to get internet everywhere. I never have, and don't really know what I would need to do to get it, and anyone break it down for me in special talk

You just need a 3g sim from a mobile network provider. You pay monthly for data much like you do for a mobile phone contract.

Pop into some stores and see what deals are available.

133/225/CLS AMG
I got a 32gb Mini Retina for Christmas and I'm really impressed with it.

I have an iPad 3 so the first one to have a retina display, it's still quick enough and the screen looks great as you'd expect but it is heavy. The new Retina Mini is light, screen is awesome and it's really quick. Most impressive iPad update in the range for a while in my opinion.

Most impressive iPad update in the range for a while in my opinion.

I would argue that the Air is a more significant update. It's a complete change of form factor over the model it replaces, and is markedly lighter. It feels like a completely new iPad. The mini feels exactly the same as its predecessor. Although yes of course the Retina update elevates it up a class. I am of course ignoring the higher spec internals of each machine over the models that went before them, but since they're both equally as quick now, it's kinda moot.

Both awesome, but personally I'd only have the mini if my handbag was too small :eek:

I've heard loads of people saying this. I've got a 3rd gen (I think; the one called The New iPad when it launched) - and use it daily, it weighs nothing and is comfortable to use.
Obviously it's massive compared to an iPhone or iPad mini. I just can't see how something that can fit into an envelope be 'bulky'.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Find someone at University or College, they get decent discounts on all apple products via their own access to the apple store.

Arctic 182
I've heard loads of people saying this. I've got a 3rd gen (I think; the one called The New iPad when it launched) - and use it daily, it weighs nothing and is comfortable to use.
Obviously it's massive compared to an iPhone or iPad mini. I just can't see how something that can fit into an envelope be 'bulky'.

Not sure which one my mrs has tbh mate but it is quite heavy lol. Granted its smaller/lighter than the average net book but it's still a beast of a tablet! Could be as I'm so used to my mini when I pick hers up it's weird.

133/225/CLS AMG
I would argue that the Air is a more significant update. It's a complete change of form factor over the model it replaces, and is markedly lighter. It feels like a completely new iPad. The mini feels exactly the same as its predecessor. Although yes of course the Retina update elevates it up a class. I am of course ignoring the higher spec internals of each machine over the models that went before them, but since they're both equally as quick now, it's kinda moot.

Both awesome, but personally I'd only have the mini if my handbag was too small :eek:

I should of clarified, the latest range of iPads including the Air have been the most impressive changes to the range in a while not just the Mini.

The Mini is finally the spec it should be as I always found the first model underwhelming. A great idea but felt like a rip off being based on old tech. The new Mini is now what I feel it should have always been which is a tablet as good as the full size model but the only decider is the size not spec.

The new Air is also impressive, don't get me wrong and certainly changing its size and weight were much needed changes. My iPad 3 is great but heavy and you find yourself propping it up rather than holding it.

Although I will admit my handbag is spacious enough, the Retina
Mini is now of a good enough spec for me to overlook the full size iPad in favour of the smaller size. :)

It's just personal choice

I have a 64gb iPad 3 (I think - the one just before the port changed)

It's too big and bulky imo. I never read books on it (I use a nook instead for that) because it makes my arm ache after an hour.
I use it mainly just for a bit of social stuff, games and watch netflix on it in bed.
Girlfriend just got an iPad air and it's sooo much lighter and nicer to hold. But in all honesty after using a retina mini I'd be happy with that too.
I don't need a tablet that's half the size of my macbook tbh lol

133/225/CLS AMG
It's just personal choice

I have a 64gb iPad 3 (I think - the one just before the port changed)

That's the exact same as the full size iPad I have, and you're right it's a complete heffer. First model to have a retina screen and it was packing a hefty battery because of it. I think the iPad 4 was a similar story hence the change of name to an 'Air' implying lightness etc.

The Retina Mini is a fantastic device in terms of it's weight and size being spot on and it's as powerful (give or take) as the full size now.