ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ice install weight!

just wondering, ive got 2 12" subs n boxes and 2 fairly big amps and some 6x9s all in the boot area.

is this slowing my car down alot you reckon?

would i notice the diference in performance/handling without it all?

cheers guys, mike

is that all?! damn, was hopin it weighed a tonne so when i take it out my car would seem well fast. prob would notice a bit of a difference then?

don't

gd question this and lately its been weird 4 me in particular

b4 i had this car i had a corsa, (was a deal 2 gd 2 turn down)

anyway just b4 selling it i took all ice out of it, and it bloody started 2 fly, was soo much quicker couldnt believe it, still god rid quickly

anyway in the clio, assoon as i put sub and amp in i noticed a drop in performance

on saturday i took out the sub and cd changer as my hu is fcuked at moment, and i didnt notice any difference in power acceleration or anything

was bit weird 2 b honest

Polo + Micra

nah its good to have a bit of weight in the back.(the back end can get a bit light)

as long as its all fixed down it should be ok

don't

my sub weights a ton, thought id notice a fair bit of difference, but didnt, was a lil dissapointed but spose ur right, need some weight in the back, especially as ive taken spare wheel out

2 b honest mike u might feel a fair difference due 2 ur lower engine size, if its easy 2 just take out some, like just the sub for a start mayb, just try that

but if its guna take alot of hassle not sure if id bother

K20 EG Hatch

when i removed my boot install my car seemed quicker too! couldnt drive round without it though!

It wont make much difference to the handling either. Your Clio has been designed to take into consideration it can carry 5 people and some luggage. Its a car of compromise, like most.

In my 1.2 i dont notice the difference with an extra person in mine performance wise.

-Rob

when i bought my old calibra 16v it had 150bhp. i then put 17 wheels on and twin 15 kicker L5 subs in box & amp.

it totally killed the performance, more than what i expected for a 150bhp car - i have no idea what that lot weighed extra though. It felt about as quick as an 8 valve though, especially at lower revs >4000..........

172 cup TT

my install weighs 20kgs which is 3 stone.. worked it out to loose 0.04 secs to 60... which i am fine with

Hey try a 1.2 pullin round all the lot in my boot, lol it aint a light load, but yeah i noticed a difference in my cars performance

silver valver/hybrid

ive stripped out my install, and the back seats, so i can redo it all, deffo feels quicker without it all in! cant live without the music though, trying to make it a bit lighter this time!!

My install weights a lot but I find the extra weight on the back end allows me to take corners with more confidence as it feels more balanced.