ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Idle Issue

ph1 172
Before I decide to send the car to car heaven I would like to try and fix this real annoying problem.

I start the car and its fine, revs around 1,000-900rpm but as soon as i touch the throttle and drive thats where the issues happen.

If I stop in traffic or have the car in neutral the car will idle at around 600-500 rpm and sometimes dip lower and cut out.

So far I have changed:

• Lambda Sensor
  • ICV
  • Throttle Body
  • Map Sensor

Within the last month

And within the last 4-5 months I've changed:

• Coilpack
  • HT Leads
  • Spark Plugs
  • Crank Sensor

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this real annoying issue?

Thanks

Cliosport 172 cu
Have you plugged an diagnostics reader in to see if there is any codes even thou there might not be lights showing on the dash

ph1 172
Not coolant temp sensor, new one of those aswell with the last few months.

At the moment the cars idle seems to stick at around 2-2.5k rpm but I can blip the throttle and it will drop down to around 1k rpm.

Will need to see if I can get it on diagnostics without costing crazy money from a garage.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Not coolant temp sensor, new one of those aswell with the last few months.

At the moment the cars idle seems to stick at around 2-2.5k rpm but I can blip the throttle and it will drop down to around 1k rpm.

Will need to see if I can get it on diagnostics without costing crazy money from a garage.

So you wont pay to put it onto a diagnostics machine but you are quite happy to be replacing parts. :S

ph1 172
Yes, I will speak to a friend of mine who is currently in the states if I can use his diagnostics machine.

Cliosport 172 cu
Try unplugging the connector and see if it makes a diff but a diagnostics machine shouldn't cost you much at all what area are you from.

Cliosport 172 cu
Well I've gt one that plugs in and runs from Bluetooth really is good can read data aswell just send me a pm when your there and we could sort some think if you like.

Cliosport 172 cu
Well tomorrow I'm up my moms at 3 which ain't far from me so if you like privite message me and I'll send you the add mate

ph1 172
So after popping to see Clioste, we plugged it up and had no fault codes what so ever.

Noticed that the throttle cable wasnt fully tight so tightened it up and the pedal was very high but thought I'd give it a go, was fine for the first few miles, but once again got the idle got sticky at around 2-2.5k rpm. I can blip the throttle and it does drop back down to around 800rpm but as soon as I touch the throttle again it starts rising.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

Cliosport 172 cu
You've prob got sticky throttle bodie mate did you spray it take it all off and clean it up might be dirty and the pedal was really low on your and so much play just loosen a fraction so you've got a tiny bit of movement but not to the extent you had but id say throttle body strip and clean with brake cleaner.

Cliosport 172 cu
Yeah they am good for the price tbh but when u get it download app obd2 by Ian Hawkins best app for andriod

ph1 172
Something else I've noticed when driving home tonight, if I'm just lightly using the throttle that is when the issue happens. If I have my foot down then idle returns to normal when slowing down or changing gear and won't stick at around 2-3k.

Don't suppose anyone else has any other ideas?

Thanks